VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys.

I have problem with movie, i don't have sound in movie with ac3 sound, i have video but not sound, is there any chance to convert or something to change that ac3 sound to mp3 or whatever format that my ps3 can read ?
    This issue is weird because, when im converting .mkv files to m2ts format with ac3 sound i have no problem at all with sound, plays normally, but in avi there is no sound
    Below stats for audio/video from that movie via MediaInfo:

Video
    ID : 0
    Format : MPEG-4 Visual
    Format profile : Advanced Simple@L5
    Format settings, BVOP : 1
    Format settings, QPel : No
    Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
    Format settings, Matrix : Default (H.263)
    Muxing mode : Packed bitstream
    Codec ID : XVID
    Codec ID/Hint : XviD
    Duration : 1h 40mn
    Bit rate : 1 778 Kbps
    Width : 720 pixels
    Height : 400 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 23.976 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.258
    Stream size : 1.24 GiB (80%)
    Writing library : XviD 1.2.1 (UTC 2008-12-04)

Audio
    ID : 1
    Format : AC-3
    Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
    Mode extension : CM (complete main)
    Codec ID : 2000
    Duration : 1h 39mn
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 448 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 6 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Delay relative to video : 920ms
    Stream size : 320 MiB (20%)
    Alignment : Split accross interleaves
    Interleave, duration : 42 ms (1.00 video frame)
    Interleave, preload duration : 500 ms

I have PlayStation 3 Slim 320GB with latest update.

I would be very grateful for any help, much obliged, thanks!

Search Comp PM
    I'd try remuxing it. Or use avirecomp - maybe the header got messed up.

That is odd since the ps3 does handle ac3 just fine.

You could also try transferring it to an mp4 file. Use winff and the passthru preset to mp4. It won't be reencoded just repackaged.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?

3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    no ac3 support in avi container ... convert to mp3 ... avidemux set video to copy, change audio settings to mp3, save out as new file ... will solve problem

4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, thanks guys, now im doing this movie with avirecomp, with winff movie was working too long, i don't know why, i check passthru to ps3/widescreen, there is no mp4 present or im blind. I'll post if avirecomp help and for sure i check avidemux.

Anyway i was checking my others avi/brip movies with ac3 sound ive got and i have sound in them, but this particularly movie and yet another ps3 can't read, these are 480p version, maybe group that made this releases change something in them and that problem occur, but dunno.

Again thanks for help i will post later if these soft that you guys posted helped me.

EDIT:
    Damn, with avirecomp is same like with winff, its too long process, im want to only change audio, but when im seeing that whole operation will finish in a couple of hours than i pass
    With avidemux after saving new file, and of course changing audio to MP3, there is no sound at all, i repeat this operation and same thing, no sound, when avidemux is in progress doing this movie i see that Audio size is 0 MB
    Maybe im doing some wrong, when im opening this movie in avidemux there some info appears and i dont know what to do - "Packed bitstream detected, do you want me to unpack it ? yes/no" i try already with/without unpacking and nothing, no sound.
    And what about settings for MP3, i have bitrate mode set to CBR, bitrate 128 and in filteres in mixing - stereo.

Damn movie, maybe im must demux audio from this movie, convert it to mp3 and then merge all together ? but dunno which apps i must use.
    Last edited by Jared_; 31st May 2012 at 11:57.

5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Jared_-Please do not ask for help on illegally obtained movies(group release),this thread is closed.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.