VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there a device where i can rip multiple dvd/blueray and have it convert my movies also to hard drive to the format i need?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No. This can only be done on a PC.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. What is the format you need? (audio, video codecs)

If it's bluray standard ts for avchd or whatever it's called, the Avermedia devices like the lgp (bitrate choices are .3 to 60 mbps, not all bitrates fall under blu ray standard compliance) are your best choice with the newest ReCentral software that is hdcp compliant if you google avermedia hdcp. If it is h.264 + aac mp4, probably the hdmi cloner box (bitrate around 10 mbps slightly higher quality than Aver), which will save to a usb or hard drive (hard drive is unconfirmed). You can find out more about these devices on amazon.com . You should only rip uncopyrighted blu-ray or dvd discs, it is illegal to rip copyrighted discs.
    Last edited by ezcapper; 12th Jul 2015 at 12:46. Reason: expanded answer and gave suggestions
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    if you want to RIP, aka capture main movie and convert to another format, then its the PC

if you want to Play on one device and Record on to memory card or usb drive, then there are hardware HDMI capture devices

the truest way exact copy of BD or DVD files to HDD is done on a PC with out converting

ripping used to mean "copy" exactly to hard drive
    for most people it now means, the process of reading the disc and Converting to another format like mp4 or mkv
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by theewizard View Post

ripping used to mean "copy" exactly to hard drive
    for most people it now means, the process of reading the disc and Converting to another format like mp4 or mkv
    seems like thats eaiest because it removes a step out. Which software is best for that?? If you have more than once dvd rom in your
    pc can you convert more than one at a time?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you have more than once dvd rom in your pc can you convert more than one at a time?
    Most all PC format conversion programs just do one at a time.

Try VidCoder and you can batch as many DVDs as you have drives and convert them sequentially.
    If your PC is fast enough, it doesn't take that long. Most of my DVDs convert to MKV (h.264/AC3) in less than 15 minutes each directly from the drives,
    with AnyDVD running in the background.

EDIT: For Blu-ray, I rip to a HDD with AnyDVDHD and convert also to MKV with RipBot. You can run it overnight to do multiple conversions.
    Last edited by redwudz; 18th Sep 2015 at 18:48.
    Quote Quote