VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a small guide that I made to use MKV merge but still have problems getting
    the original mkv and then an audio track which has been processed muxed together.

The completed file shows an .mka extension.

Where have I missed a step to merge my new audio with the video?

In the meantime, I'll print out the full guide from Bunkus but it is very long.

Could using the x64 versions of these programs introduce errors to mkvs made with Handbrake? That's the only other thing I can think of.
    Quote Quote  
  2. add original mkv with video, add audio, push start muxing
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for reply.

Screen shots would help. I continually get confused between the top panel and bottom panel.

Can you show a sample entry _with_ a desired audio file to merge and the locations for both?

My problem is there is often too much time between these usages where I lforget what was familiar-- even with my own guide.

I'm going to go print the Bunkus guide-- main page at least which has some sample screen images.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Ok, I used the screen shots in the guide and all is well.

And video and audio seem to be in sync which was a problem when adding my modified audio track.

I perhaps tried a drag and drop where the ADD button on the top panel should contain the original mkv as you said and also the new audio track.

Then selecting the new audio on the lower panel plus the original video content has muxed the two together.

Bunkus makes mention of using merge with AVI content. I have a troublesome AVI where my new audio track always went out of sync. This was done with the Virtual Dub stream lists procedure.

Any alternatives for AVI outise of Virtual Dub stream list options?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Just a follow up here. MKVMerge GUI has worked for me with AVI content. Perhaps even
    a bit better since, as I understand it, key frames are not so far apart. My test of an edit using the timecode option in MKVMerge GUI gave a result with no out of sync audio in the problem item I mentioned above.

MKVMerge converts AVI to MKV by default. All good since I wanted to resize in Handbrake.
    A bit more to do. I'll see if it hangs together after a bit more processing.
    Quote Quote