VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, I'm currently working on a video for a class project and I've run into an issue I've never seen before (even as a fansub encoder) whenever I resize the video at all either inside the video editor or after exporting a lossless copy and importing that using AviSynth the video darkens horribly I've tried everything I can think of. Changing the colorspace, changing codec, changing resize filter, etc. I have no idea what is causing the issue. If I export the video at the native resolution as either lossless or in a lossy codec such as H264 it looks fine. If I import that fine looking exported video and resize it, it darkens again.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search PM
    You are leaving out some important details: CODEC and color space going in, the name of the video editor, CODEC and color space going out.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Yep, agreed. We need more information. Start with the original source. You can use MediaInfoXP to copy the full text ("Text View") of the video data and paste it here. Better, a short sample of your unprocessed original can be submitted. When you say "resize", it could mean a lot of things. More info, please.
    Last edited by LMotlow; 21st Nov 2014 at 11:11.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!