VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. There are still risks of image persistence on modern LED LCDs?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sure. The only thing that has changed is the type of light source. Older LCDs use a florescent light source and newer ones a LED light source. But the risk of 'burn in' is fairly low with any LCD.

If instead you are referring to the response time of the display, that would not change with the introduction of LED light sources, that's more in the LCD design.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Its always been this way ... nothing changed ... if your silly enough to leave static images on any screen no matter what it's made from or use's it will happen.

Change to projector screens ... they degrade but at least your not stuck with some ugly burnt in image
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bjs View Post
    Its always been this way ... nothing changed ... if your silly enough to leave static images on any screen no matter what it's made from or use's it will happen.

Change to projector screens ... they degrade but at least your not stuck with some ugly burnt in image
    I had an image of buffy the vampire burned on my older 20 inch ge tv,it wasn't ugly.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I understand, so playing a 4:3 image with static black borders is not a good idea I guess...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by eadmaster View Post
    I understand, so playing a 4:3 image with static black borders is not a good idea I guess...
    It's not a problem at all. I watch 4:3 pillarboxed any time there's 4:3 content. LCD can't get permanent burn-in like plasmas. The worst it can get is a temporary pattern that goes away after a little exercise.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Is there a model with a screensaver function for the black borders?

For istance, it may change the color of the borders according to the current scene main color...
    Quote Quote  
  8. You absolutely do not have to worry about black pillarbox bars on modern LCD screens.
    Quote Quote