VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have two video sources of the same show. One of the sources has a english dub and I wanna pair that to the other source which has a 720p video stream. But since they have differing frame counts, I was wondering what was the easiest way to cut or add frames. Btw I'm on a mac
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I doubt you will find anything easy to do this.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    1. Go to a PC.
    2. Make sure they at least have the same framerate (convert, if need be, with Virtualdub/AVISynth)
    3. Use any NLE or video processor (including AVISynth, Vdub, AE, Blender?) to load both tracks and PIP/Overlay in Side-by-side mode.

Honestly, I would skip the side by side and do a "difference" color mode overlay. With ~identical clips, you will have minor variations in the difference view (based on framerate interpolation and any resizing interpolation, maybe some color balance differences), but as soon as your clips differ in terms of editing, you will IMMEDIATELY know the difference and can accommodate by adding/subtracting frames from one of the 2 tracks.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    And I suspect that's about the easiest way to do it you're going to hear ...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there any way to accomplish the equivalent on FCP?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Very doubtful ... I think they'd advertise that prominently for $300 ...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm a newbie at this and after experimenting with various softwares, I would like to ask if anyone can guide me through this process
    Quote Quote