VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I would be really grateful if someone knows a downloadable version of the software Subtitle Workshop for Mac. Is there such a thing?
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Probably you'll have to try running SW under WINE ("debug mode").
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 20th Mar 2010 at 19:53.
    Quote Quote  
  3. OK, thanks. I'll try that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Or, you can try Jubler, which I've been very pleased with.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Vitoarc View Post
    Or, you can try Jubler, which I've been very pleased with.
    Jubler's quite awful. It's always off by at least 200ms, doesn't allow live preview of the video + subs, doesn't have an internal dictionary.

Sadly there still is no Mac program I am aware of that can touch Subtitle Workshop to date. The ease with which it syncs, sets times properly, etc. is unrivaled. Of course, it still needs to be paired with Subtitle Edit for spell check and to fix common errors.

Why is no one developing a decent subtitling application for Mac OS X? Does anyone know if Subtitle Workshop works on Mac with Crossover?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by headless chicken View Post
    Jubler's quite awful. It's always off by at least 200ms, doesn't allow live preview of the video + subs, doesn't have an internal dictionary.

Sadly there still is no Mac program I am aware of that can touch Subtitle Workshop to date. The ease with which it syncs, sets times properly, etc. is unrivaled. Of course, it still needs to be paired with Subtitle Edit for spell check and to fix common errors.

Why is no one developing a decent subtitling application for Mac OS X? Does anyone know if Subtitle Workshop works on Mac with Crossover?

For my needs, I've been using ccextractor for backing up my DVD's.

I don't need any other language than English, so it's been quite the workhorse for me and what's better is that I don't have to tell an OCR what characters to use (on windows I'm quite fond of Subrip) while it's working its' magic.

Granted, it's not infallible plus you have to use the command line/Terminal.app, but I really like it.

I'm slowly starting to delve into Xcode so I can create a GUI for it, but unfortunately I have to develop it on Tiger.

My trusty old G4 does all my ripping/converting so I can use my "hackintosh" for work.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hello there.
    I have a Mac and to be able to use Subtitle Workshop in it I had to install Parallels which allows me to install Windows 7 with which I can use the software.

BUT, when I try to use it, for some strange reason my keypad doesn't send the correct commands, so it doesn't work.

Does anyone know the correct commands on the keypad so the software recognizes the keypad?

Thanks a lot.

Fernando
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    On an apple keyboard, press the clear key once and it will work under windows as desired.

I know this is a very old thread, but it never got an answer. Just thought I'd give it one in case someone else has the same problem.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hello there, Thanks for your answer but it didn't really help me because I don't have an iMac, I have a MacBook and it's keyboard doesn't have a "clear" key, but thanks anyway. I was able to configure the keyboard with the PC international and now it should be working.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Fernandodiamond View Post
    Hello there, Thanks for your answer but it didn't really help me because I don't have an iMac, I have a MacBook and it's keyboard doesn't have a "clear" key, but thanks anyway. I was able to configure the keyboard with the PC international and now it should be working.

Thanks.
    Sorry for the belated reply, I don't get on here often. Your post originally said you were using a "Keypad". This lead me to think you actually were using a keypad rather than a laptop keyboard. I'm not using an iMac either, but my Mac Pro has a keypad with a clear key.

i'm sorry I wasn't more helpful.
    Quote Quote