VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. ok guyz
    i have some DVDs which have special features in that there a lot of photo galleries...
    i wanna rip photo galleries only in JPG format...
    how could i do this ?

plz guide me...
    and also tell me which VTS file contains this photo galleries... ?

thanxx
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The photo galleries are most likely NOT going to be able to be saved as a simple jpeg file unless the maker of the DVD gave you the jpeg files in an extra folder on the DVD....in other words....it doesn't work that way.
    Quote Quote  
  3. ok but what do u mean by extra folder ?
    can u give any screenshot or any more info for that extra folder ???
    as far as i know there r only 3 formats used in DVD9
    which are IFO, BUP, VOB.....

this extra folder got which extension ????
    this thing is strange to me...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is no SIMPLE answer to 'which vts' as the disk could have been authored in many ways.

The simplest way is a series of menus where each photograph is one menu page. You would have to explore the dvd structure with a program such as pgcedit or dvdremake to see the structure. Even then you will not see a .jpg image but you may see a .bmp image.

The SIMPLEST way to grab the images is to do a screen-grab by playing the disk in a software player such as PowerDVD. Then you CAN save the images as .jpg but the quality will depend on your screen resolution etc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by onlyeuro View Post
    there r only 3 formats used in DVD9
    which are IFO, BUP, VOB.....
    That is my point. There are no images or pictures(jpeg, bmp, tiff, etc etc) there for you to "rip". The pictures that were used for this DVD were converted to MPEG video and the original images are gone. Finding the "slideshow vts" will give you an mpeg video....no individual pictures. That is why I said "It doesn't work that way". You have explored the VIDEO_TS folder....there are no images or pictures in there.
    Quote Quote  
  6. VirtualDub can open a VOB file and export it as a sequence of JPG or BMP files. By default it will output every single frame but you can use the Frame Rate tool to thin them out -- say one picture every 5 seconds.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    play the dvd with vlc (or almost any other player) when a picture you want is on screen press pause, then snapshot.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote