VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am going through a computer upgrade right now, and I am just starting to get my video encoding capabilities back to where they were before I started. Unfortunately, I am having a problem with MPEG-2 playback in WMP10 that I can't quite manage to sort out.

For some reason, when I play back MPEG-2 files in WMP10, the color is shifted vertically in relation to the video. The files all play fine in Nero Showtime, and they play fine on my set top DVD player. I am using the MPEG-2 codec that I used in my previous setup, so I'm pretty sure its not a codec issue. Having ruled that out, I'm not sure what else I should be looking for.

Regards,
    D.W.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Unless you have some overpowering reason to use WMP, I would just dump it and use a different player. Alternately, you could go to Microsoft's site and see if they list the problem. Or go back a version to WMP9 or lower and see if they have the same problem. I suspect your codec is not compatible with WMP10, though it may work on everything else.

I use VLC and Zoom player. VLC doesn't need installed codecs and Zoom (The payware version) has lots of settings to customize the program. Media Player Classic is another good choice.
    Quote Quote