VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am creating a video and 2 effects in someone's YouTube video that I would like to use but I've googled till my vision went blurry and couldn't find out how to create it LOL. The video can be seen here, CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO.

The 2 effects I am interested in using is within the first 34 seconds of the video. The first being how he brought the same image coming in from each side to create a single image when they come together and the second effect is where the scenes are in a blurred or slow motion state. I have Sony Vegas 12 and was curious if there is a way to do these in that software or if I have to purchase a different type of software to accomplish these. Thank you all in advance for all your time and efforts in assisting me with this, it is GREATLY appreciated!

Brandon
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don' have Vegas, using AviUtl instead, but similar idea applies:
    1) You duplicate the video clip and mask them with two slightly different strip patterns → slide the objects from the side back to the default position. Set the blend mode for the two objects to "Additive".

2) Apply heavy motion blur, or duplicate the video, and make the duplicated one having a high transparency and change the blend mode to "Overlay" or similar. Then change the playback start point slightly. Then you'll have a ghost image.

I've attached the AviUtl sample project files here, with the output video
    Image Attached Files
    Stopping development until someone save me from poverty or get me out of Hong Kong...
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The closest thing in Vegas is the TV Simulator tool. But like mentioned above, Post2 item1, the "principles of operation" are to make a grid, choose a blend mode, then slide the two together.
    Last edited by budwzr; 1st May 2015 at 12:09.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Where in vegas is the different blend options
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here, on the end of the track header. Last thing after the composite levels slider. If you don't have that, that means you're using Movie Studio.

Last edited by budwzr; 5th May 2015 at 17:57.
    Quote Quote