VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I want to learn how to make this video effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFfZ1kfiAEs
    Start from 6.20

I just want to know what is this effect called?

I am using sony vegas pro 12, I had googling for awhile but still couldn't get the name of this effect..

Thanks for helping~~
    Quote Quote  
  2. Two tracks with opacity reduced in both so one looks superimposed on the other.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  3. It's called a HUD (heads up display) effect . It's called that probably because the effect is popularized in video games (especially first person shooters)

The effect applied to person is called a "holographic" effect - popularized by star wars hologram projection method of communication

Like TreeTops said - it's basically a composite of different layers, but at least 3 layers are used in that example: background , HUD, hologram

Use those search terms to look for tutorials on youtube and other tutorial sites
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    TreeTops, poisondeathray
    Thanks for the accurate and quick reply
    I have one more simple question,
    what is the text effect at the starting of that video?
    or it is just self made effect?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I don't think there is a specific name or label for that text effect , but there might be 3rd party plugins that can assist you with those effects and the HUD and holographic effect (there are for after effects, there might be some for vegas as well) . You can do it pretty easily manually
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    I don't think there is a specific name or label for that text effect , but there might be 3rd party plugins that can assist you with those effects and the HUD and holographic effect (there are for after effects, there might be some for vegas as well) . You can do it pretty easily manually
    Thanks for your help once again.
    Ya, it is easy to do it manually,
    Then do it manually is a better choice then
    Quote Quote  
  7. i don't know exactly the name of the effect, but it's something about the smooth
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Examine the frames one by one and reverse engineer it.
    Quote Quote