VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Does anyone knows how to rip a copy protected DVD-Video discs using nero recode ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could rip it to your hard drive with RipIt4Me or DVDFab Decrypter, then use Recode to process it further after the encryption is removed.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Or you can still use Nero Recode with using AnyDVD running in the background.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You could also try DVD43, it's works similar to AnyDVD, but is free.
    Melde Melda Vessė
    Eruanna ar Eruntano Melda Eruntanohini

"May your days be bright and contact with stupid people limited."
    Quote Quote  
  5. Gotta say thumbs up to AnyDVD... Best money I've spent. Great product that is quite frequently updated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I use the following

RipIt4Me or DVDFab Decrypter to rip

FixVTS to fix any problems caused by ripping to ensure DVD compliance.

VobBlanker - to get rid of as much of the video as possible, so the shrinkage % is as low as possible to increase video quality

DVDShrink to shrink the movie

Nero or IMGburn 2 to burn the video.

Except for Nero, which comes with some DVD Burners, all are freeware. You only contribute if you want to, and DVDShrink is no longer supported, so you do not even have to contribute.
    Some days it seems as if all I'm doing is rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Or you could use DVD Decrypter (if you can find it), to rip the disc to an ISO, then mount it to a virtual drive, using Nero ImageDrive. This fools your computer (and any software) into thinking that you have the disc in a DVD drive that isn't really there. If you're wanting to fit a movie that normally wouldn't fit onto a single-layer DVD, you could then use Nero Recode on the virtual disc in that virtual drive to compress it, or even remove any subtitles or additional languages you don't need, in order to save space, leaving more room, so it wouldn't have to compress the video as much.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Decrypter has not been updated for over a year. Many changes to copy protection have been created since then. Therefore RipIt4Me must be used with DVD Decrypter.
    Some days it seems as if all I'm doing is rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know that DVD Decrypter hasn't been updated in a while (and won't be...thanks a lot, MPAA), but it seems to work for me...maybe the stuff I'm working with doesn't use newer copy protection, but I haven't had any problems with it, other than the learning curve...lol
    Quote Quote  
  10. hey guys, thanks a lot !!! great help from u
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by normcar
    DVD Decrypter has not been updated for over a year. Many changes to copy protection have been created since then. Therefore RipIt4Me must be used with DVD Decrypter.
    Actually it's something like 2 or 3 years now since DVD Decrypter was last updated. RipIt4Me hasn't been updated in something like 2 years now either.

The authors of both programs were made offers they couldn't refuse by a company involved in DVD production that if they agreed to stop work on those programs and hand over the source code that they would not face a possibly ruinous lawsuit. DVDFab HD Decrypter is based in a country that so far has proven to be a safe haven from US based lawsuits, which is why it still exists.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98
    Originally Posted by normcar
    Actually it's something like 2 or 3 years now since DVD Decrypter was last updated. RipIt4Me hasn't been updated in something like 2 years now either.
    You do realize that the post you are replying to is 2 years old ?
    So when he posted, his time frame was pretty accurate.
    Have you been throwing shots already today

Quote Quote