VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My girlfriend is a big fan of star trek voyager i bought her season 4 off the net and it wont play. it says region error.We have a little magnavox dvd player model #mwd200ga does anyone know how to hack this dvd player to reset the region?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    easier to make yourself region free copies.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Well, as you have learned the money you "saved" by buying a region 4 copy is now gone because you've got 2 choices that are going to cost you money and possibly time to fix this. Your player cannot be made region free. This is not unusual. Most DVD players can't be made region free.

1) Buy a region free player for your girlfriend that can also convert between PAL and NTSC.
    2) Rip the DVDs to a PC and reburn them to new discs. The ripping removes region codes. However, do note that region 4 includes PAL countries and if you live in North America there is a decent chance that your DVD player and TV won't be able to handle PAL video at all. But then again, you could have NTSC as there are some NTSC countries in region 4.

If you need a region free player that can also convert, the Philips DVP3560 can still be made region free and it converts between PAL and NTSC. The hack code for this player can be found on our website here by searching under the DVD Players section. I've done it and it works. This player sells for about $40 US.
    Quote Quote