VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to convert a DVD home-made movie into a file for a web site. Original files are INI and I did manage to rip them from the DVD but I can't find software to edit/convert to MP4. Can't drag and drop to Windows Movie Maker. Help anyone.

Please be nice, I'm a newbie.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    INI? Can you list the files on the dvd? How big are the files? How are they recorded/made?

For a standard dvd-video you should see a video_ts folder with video*.vob files.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the video files in a normal dvd should be in the video_ts folder and are vobs. you can take the mpeg-2 video out of the vob container with vob2mpg. or maybe try handbrake or mediacode to go directly to mp4.

[edit] dang - beaten to it by the boss. oh and welcome to the forum!
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  4. While waiting for replies and wanting to verify the INI file (especially since reading some other posts re: INI files) I found some folders on my computer with the video I was trying to create and they were in MP4 format. NOW I haven't a clue what I did!!!! Anyway, thanks for the quick responses.

Second question is, some have told me to upload video to youtube and then link to my website. What's the best thing to do. My goal is to have a quick load for the person wanting to see the video without a lot of hassle.
    Quote Quote