VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to put a WMV into a MKV container and I read that it was possible with the muxer. I'm trying to get it into Graphedit though.

Tutorial from the site:

This a DirectShow muxer filter. To use in GraphEdit, connect the
    filters outputting compressed data to the in pins of the Matroska
    Muxer. Then connect the out pin to the File Writer filter. Its
    used in both ATV2000 and VirtualVCR for MKV capturing.

There are only in pins for the filter though, so I'm not sure how I would connect. I've tried the Haali Matroska muxer as well, no such luck. Never been good at this program, so I'll go from left to right.

By default the video is connected to the WM Video and Audio Decoders, those are followed by FFDShow, followed by a DirectSound device and Video Renderer.

This should seem like a simple fix with the tutorial and all. Can anybody assist?
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to put a WMV into a MKV container
    0) Drop Graphedit , it's buggy and outdated

1) register Gabest's Matroska Muxer ( from the MPC-HC standalone filters @ http://xhmikosr.1f0.de/mpc-hc/ )

2) render the WMV source file in Graphstudio; delete all filters in the chain, except the first one (WM ASF Reader, IIRC)

3) add the Matroska Muxer, and connect its input pins to the output pins of the ASF Reader

4) insert the File Writer filter, and connect it to the Matroska Muxer

5) press the PLAY button
    Quote Quote  
  3. Another option is ffmpeg

eg

ffmpeg -i input.wmv -vcodec copy -acodec copy output.mkv
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Another option is ffmpeg

eg

ffmpeg -i input.wmv -vcodec copy -acodec copy output.mkv
    Wow! That's freaking nice man! This is the BEST method I've seen and tried because other methods were too complicated, what with all this "pinning" thing which I don't understand. But that one, THAT'S GREAT. Just copy the ffmpeg file from the bin folder, drag the wmv file you want to turn into an mkv, and just follow that format and hehey! Thanks man!
    Quote Quote