VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i bought epson tw550 3d projector and samsung 3d blurayhome theater. i need to know how to play ripped 3d movies via usb please help me guys.
    Last edited by Baldrick; 23rd Oct 2014 at 05:20. Reason: New title
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    How do you rip/convert them?

And please don't talk about downloaded material/warez. https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/72386-Forum-rules-Acceptable-Use-Policy-(AUP)? . Then just BUY the 3d movies!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    need to know how to play ripped 3d movies via usb
    As the add says "refer to you product manual"

Some of the newer samsung 3d tv's can but it's not specific as what it is being supported, reported or expected by end users.

Frame packing hdmi input supported on the projector (halfway there) but you need to be more specific as to the bluray home theater ... model ?

And welcome to the forum movifreak
    Quote Quote  
  4. it is samsung ht-h4500r home theater and epson eh-tw550 projector and icould not play any 3d movies on them which i could watch on my samsung led 3d tv.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I downloaded the PDF manual for the Samsung ht-h4500r.http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201403/20140312160321178/AH68-02678F-HT-H4500R-EN_1.pdf.

Page 23 of the manual says that your home theater's Blu-Ray player does not support 3D file playback from USB devices. This means you can only play your 3D movies from the original store-bought Blu-Ray discs using your present home theater system. You will need to find a different playback device to connect to your projector to play 3D video files. However Blu-Ray 3D allows a max peak bitrate of 60 megabits per second, so USB 2.0 may be insufficient for some 3D movies.
    Quote Quote  
  6. thankx man i sorted it out. i found an option in the projector menu and it works fine. now can you tell me if i can use passive 3d glasses for viewing 3d movies on my projector.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    No. The epson projector requires ACTIVE glasses.
    Passive will NOT work - unless you went to the trouble of adding a Z-screen filter ($$$) + non-depolarizing silver screen ($$). In effect, turning your active projector into a quasi-RealD projector. That is the only scenario under which Passive glasses would work.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!