VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. This may be a stupid, but it is really just to free up space on my hard drive. Is it possible to make svcd at vcd res and play it on an Apex 500w, if not I just leave on my hard drive.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I do believe that SVCD has a fixed resolution of 480x480, but decreasing resolution doesn't decrease the size of the file much.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Why don't you try it and tell us if it worked. I beleive some players can play it, but it is not a standard SVCD. More players can handle SVCD with 352x480, but this is not standard SVCD either.

It is possible to create MPEG2 with VCD resolution and the quality might be better than VCD because ou can use VBR. The size depends on the bitrate you use.
    Ronny
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would suggest you go with the CVD standard (352x480). You will see a decrease in size, and you can also lower your bitrate a little, which will also decrease your size.

You can encode MPEG-2 at 352x240. This is a valid resolution for DVD, but it is not standard for SVCD, CVD, or VCD, and probably won't play in any players that do not support xSVCD.
    Impossible to see the future is. The Dark Side clouds everything...
    Quote Quote