VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Greetings all,

I am a newbie here and am new to video editing. I need to be able to edit the creation date/tag date and encoded date of an mp4 file without changing any of the other metadata/exif data. I have read through the forums and used the method mentioned with mp4box -

mp4box -itags :created=UTC_2014-01-16 -add "input.mp4" -new "output.mp4"

This does change the dates but other meta data like compressor id and vendor id are not in the output video and certain tags like handler are changed to different values. Is it possible to edit just the created date and encoded date etc. without changing other tags.

If this is not possible can I add the tags that have been omitted and edit the changed tags ?

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you checked https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/373362-Change-Time-Stamp-on-mp4-video?highlight=mp4box ? Read the entire thread and try budmans tool.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This is also a problem with many recoding operations. FFMpeg will also leave out a lot of Metadata unless you include '-map_metadata 0' somewhere in the ffmpeg script.

DeTom Are you looking to change created to Encoded and vice versa or are you wanting to do some other operation like change both with no relationship to each other? Thanks Baldrick! I hope the program can help a lot of people who need this.
    Quote Quote