VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

My question is simple: I taped a show to a RW DVD on a standalone recorder. I saved all files including ifo's bup to hard drive and used Womble VCR Editor to cut out the adverts. I built, then burned the edited & saved ifo/bup/vobs into an iso using Imgburn - but when I tried to play on a standalone DVD player I recorded from, the audio seemed out of sync with the video. It would play okay on my computer.
    Did I miss a step? I thought editing with Womble would edit the audio at the same time.
    The only thing I didn't do was rebuild the ifo/bup from the edited vob files with ifoedit. I used the originals I'd saved from the RW disk. I'm a bit puzzled as I've used Womble to edit before without any problems........
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bahjan View Post
    ... but when I tried to play on a standalone DVD player I recorded from, the audio seemed out of sync with the video. It would play okay on my computer...
    Non sequitur - Does not compute.
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26° 14' 10.16"N -- 80° 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Exactly which Womble product are we talking about. MPEGVCR does not "build" anything, it just cuts.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SLK001 View Post
    Originally Posted by bahjan View Post
    ... but when I tried to play on a standalone DVD player I recorded from, the audio seemed out of sync with the video. It would play okay on my computer...
    Non sequitur - Does not compute.
    Sorry, I created my original RW recording on a standalone DVD player/recorder and then edited on a computer system. I meant I tried to playback my edited and newly burned DVD-R on the same stand alone DVD player as I had created the original unedited DVD RW.

Just trying to play disk again - there is video but no audio at the beginning - if I go to next chapter there is audio but no movement on video counter, just a still image. (Don't get that one at all.....). Either I've used a bad disk, or something was just odd with the 'save' I did in the Womble edit. I'll try processing edited mpeg with Flick v.6 and report back.

I used Womble MPGVCR only to edit. To build/ burn an iso I used Imgburn - for this I used my newly saved edited mpegs (which I saved as .vob) and the previously unaltered saved ifo/bup files & Video_TS from the original R/W disk.
    Last edited by bahjan; 23rd Mar 2011 at 11:22.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You will probably have better luck if your process is more like this. Edit your original VOB's in Womble and save as a new MPEG2 file. Use a DVD authoring program such as DVDAuthorGUI to re-author the MPEG file into a new VIDEO_TS folder. Use ImgBurn to burn the VIDEO_TS folder to a new DVD and to create an ISO image file if desired. Using the original IFO and BUP files is probably causing your problems.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    SOLVED (kind of): Thanks for your suggestions. Didn't answer the original query still don't understand why merely snipping ads caused a problem with the disk playing back but here's what I did as a work round:

1. Processed edited vobs again with Womble MPEGVCR this time using join facility to create one large .mpg file VTS_01.1.mpg

2. Ran this .mpeg through Simple DVD Creator - saving result to H/D as file with AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS

3. Created an iso by loading VIDEO_TS file into Imgburn (build mode) and used 'burn' mode to create DVD.

This one plays fine on my standalone player- this method was fine for me as I didn't need menus.

I tried Flick 1.3.0.5. with 'copy mpeg-2 streams' ticked, but is seemed to ignore that and encode as normal. It was taking ages, so I aborted and followed steps 1-3 above. Might try build 1.3.0.6. and see if mpeg-2 copy works.

I found the resulting disk plays on the standalone player I used to create original files, (Liteon) but not on a standalone cheapie Tevion - might be it objects to the disk, but it's a Ridisk (MMC02G20) which as far as I know is a quite good disk.

UPDATE: DVD Flick build 1.3.0.6. with ' copy MPeg2 streams' & 'copy timestamps' enabled produced a dvd playable on a standalone, so you could just feed in vobs to it merging if necessary or put in the 1 large mpeg2 from MPGVCR if you use it... I don't know why the Flick 1.3.0.5. build had a bug whereby 'copy mpeg2' was ignored.......
    Last edited by bahjan; 7th Apr 2011 at 09:19. Reason: addition
    Quote Quote