VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I stream videos, usually in MP4 or MKV formatt from a Network 2TB hard to a Sony BluRay player using a Powerline connection. The router is a BT infinity home hub 3. normally it streams fine, but on mainly movies with a high definition, the picture freezes, to correct this I pause the film. it then will restart and play for a short time, then freeze again. Im no expert but it seems the network cant stream the data fast enough, I suspect its the powerline connection. At this time the Powerline connection is the only way to stream the data to the BluRay player.......I have a cat 6 ethernet cable ready to install directly between the router and the player, when we re-decorate and lift the carpets/floorboards in the room the TV is situated in.

Is there any program or "magic box" available, that can insert a buffer type of thing that will rectify this, or should I just lift the carpets/floorboards and install the cable when the wife is out
    Quote Quote  
  2. had freezes with mkv as well on my lg standalone bluray player. Had to solve it by muxing an extra ac3 audio to the mkv file. Doesn't matter whether it is set as standard sound or not in mkvtoolnix. It will play then.
    Quote Quote