VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have some .vob files that I am trying to encode for playback using a media server to stream the video and the ffplay for client playback. I have used ffmpeg directly many times and have had not such good results, but I never had an audio / video synchronization problem. I usually had problems with the video being pixelated or no audio.

I started using the Avanti program which is giving me much cleaner output, but the audio and video start off unsynchronized. The audio plays for about 7 seconds and then the video starts in at a fast pace until it automatically synchronizes with the audio. Once the video catches up with the audio they stay synchronized, but this is unacceptable. Can someone explain where I can make adjustments to avanti to get the audio and video synchronized? I am using versions for Avanti that were downloaded with the latest versions as of this weekend.
    Quote Quote  
  2. What are you trying to encode to? If XviD is acceptable use AutoGK it just works.
    Quote Quote  
  3. This problem has been resolved. Chalk it up to experience as I was running out of drive space.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!