VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How often did you had to turn up the volume of your television set / DVD player to hear the audio of your DVD discs, which were created with AC3 files?

This application addresses some of the volume issues with transcoded AC3 files. It is based on a Soopa toolkit, just in a GUI format. Soopa created some batch files, which use AviSynth, Aften and WAVI. The original batch files and article can be found here: https://forum.videohelp.com/topic317891.html

He gave me permission to use the batch files as a basis for this application, and this is the end product.

It is very easy to use. You can either process a group of AC3 files in a specified folder, or drag and drop AC3 files into the application folder for processing. You can select your own bitrate and level of dynamic range compression. If you have VideoLAN installed, then you can play the AC3 files in this application.

Requirements: AviSynth 2.57 or higher

For more screenshots and downloads, please visit this page:

http://doctorjellybean.googlepages.com/ac3normalizer
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    nice thanks!!!

However, your initial warning on start-up about videolan not being installed is not needed, most have ac3filter installed, which will allow anything to play ac3 files. Perhaps a box to say "Do not show this warning again"
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    at start of script I see

"could not find C:\tmp\*.avs"

Also when using 2.0 ac3 files you loose the right channel upon conversion.

Also, perhaps you should add in a clean up as afen, dlls, etc are left in source folder

nice app
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ron spencer
    nice thanks!!!

However, your initial warning on start-up about videolan not being installed is not needed, most have ac3filter installed, which will allow anything to play ac3 files. Perhaps a box to say "Do not show this warning again"
    It has been removed altogether, info regarding this has been added to Help tab. Updated app files have been uploaded.

at start of script I see
    "could not find C:\tmp\*.avs"
    This is to delete any exisiting avs files prior to processing for the first time. No harm done if it doesn't exist.
    Also when using 2.0 ac3 files you loose the right channel upon conversion.
    Have to investigate this further.
    Also, perhaps you should add in a clean up as afen, dlls, etc are left in source folder
    When the app exits, it should automatically remove all the files. Please confirm that it doesn't happen.

Glad you like it
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ok....I did some checking.

I can verify that the dlls and afen, etc. are deleted....but only when you exit your program (I had left it open...sorry)

Now as far as 2.0 AC3 is concered, this program will convert to 5.1....perhaps only 5.1 files can be used?

see:

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic317891.html

says only 5.1

if only 5.1 perhaps you should put this in help so people don't get confused (like me LOL).

If you can somehow make it do 2.0, that would be useful too

thanks again!!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    some users may have some .avs files in their working folder...so perhaps a warning in the help section that they will be deleted may be useful as well.

cool proggy!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Support added for 2.0 files! Updated files uploaded.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Today I downloaded the AC3 Normalizer to level up the volume on an AC3 file I have.

But I'm having some problem on the setup, because apparently my file is 448Kbps, and the program accepts Bitrates only up to 384Kbps.

Also I don't know what Dynamic Range Compression to apply, as I don't know what ratio my file is.

Where can I get such info?
    Quote Quote  
  9. This tool needs to support higher bitrates including 640kbps.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

Looks good! Easy to use.

Why does it say it needs .NET 1.1 ot later? It runs without any .NET version installed.

I'm running it in W2K SP4 and it crashed on Aften.

I downloaded Aften from here and copied it to the workfolder. Then I made it readonly
    so your app couldn't overwrite it and from then your app did fine.

The Aften included in your app is dated 12-03-2008
    The downloaded version from here is dated 28-12-2008

Would be nice if you could replace it.

Thanks,
    Chris
    Quote Quote