VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. the program is great
    both at vob/mpeg2 to avi and avito avi

sadly there is supposedly spyware

doom 9 say
    "Starting with the AutoGK 1.84 beta, a piece of adware/spyware is installed. If you're using Internet Explorer to surf the web, this component will periodically display ads on your screen based on the content you're currently viewing. You can get rid of this, by uninstalling DAE in the control panel - AutoGK will still work without it. This only concerns AutoGK 1.84, but it might be integrated into upcoming stable releases as well."
    http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/autogk.htm

you also need to remove the dae file from C:\WINDOWS\system32 directory

my question

what is the spyware meant to do
    i havent noticed it
    no pop ups or anything

is this because
    1 i run windows firewall
    2 i dont use internet explorer
    3 i had version 1.6 installed which is spyware free meant that when i installed the new version 1.95 plus 2.01 beta so that avis were supported
    the spyware was bypassed
    4 it has no noticable side effects
    Quote Quote  
  2. After installing AutoGK, look under Control Panel/Add-Remove Programs, and check for a program called "DAE". Remove it, and reboot. Spyware gone.

What it's meant to do: Apparently it's a pretty evil one, as spywares go... it reports just about everything you do on the Net to a company called ResponseTarget. Get rid of it ASAP.

P.S. check www.responsetarget.com for more details on what it does.
    Quote Quote  
  3. im suprised noone has released an autogklite yet without the spyware in

is a bit of a cheek that someone inserts spyware into an interface for other free programs and then gets money out of it with the programmers of vdub getting nothing
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    does anyone have the mirror to the version 1.6 Autogk.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No reason why you can't install the apps used seperatly if they are all you want.
    Quote Quote