VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am trying to find a way to create poster frames for a bunch of Quicktime movies I have, but I would rather not do so using the built-in Quicktime Pro method, as doing so via Quicktime also causes the movie to start from the frame you've set as the poster frame....

In other words, if I open a movie in Quicktime that, for example, that starts off showing nothing more than a black frame, then skip ahead to a frame from that movie that looks good and that I would like to have appear as the poster frame and choose the menu option to Create Poster Frame, it does achieve the affect of having the movie (and the movie file's thumbnail) displaying that particular frame when opened, however when I play that movie, it also starts the movie from the point at which I grabbed that frame....

Can someone suggest an alternate method, or an alternate program, that I can use to easily grab a frame from some point within a movie, and apply it as the poster frame for that movie clip, but without requiring that that movie begin playback from the point I grabbed that frame?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just wondering if anything has been developed since this was posted?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    After setting the poster frame, move the slider (for the current time point in the movie) back to the beginning (00:00:00), before saving. Only the place of the slider at saving time determines where the start point will be the next time the .mov is opened by QuickTime Player.
    Quote Quote