VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    "Internet Friendly Media Encoder" https://www.videohelp.com/tools/Internet-Friendly-Media-Encoder

What does it mean? Is HEVC supported by any browsers??????
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Natively, via HTML5? No.
    Via a browser plug-in? Yes, e.g. Divx10's.

Good luck getting the necessary bandwidth to stream full FPS UHD/4K video at decent quality in real-time, though. That's good only in Intranet scenarios for now. Still waiting for Google Fibre...

Not so internet friendly, is it?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It's just a name....not the best though.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Natively, via HTML5? No.

Good luck getting the necessary bandwidth to stream full FPS UHD/4K video at decent quality in real-time, though. That's good only in Intranet scenarios for now. Still waiting for Google Fibre...

Scott
    Yes, I know that the internet connection speeds are big problem for USA users due to the average old systems.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Maybe they just mean the smaller files will be easier to distribute, and so are "internet friendly".
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Stears555 View Post
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Natively, via HTML5? No.

Scott
    Yes, I know that the internet connection speeds are big problem for USA users due to the average old systems.
    Not just USA.

As of end of 2013, worldwide average DL was 3.8Mbps. (Best was S. Korea at 21.9, US was at 10.0, and your Hungary was at 6.9).

Things are getting better: Speedtest claims current rates are almost triple the 2013 #, but they're fudging the data somewhat (breaking out wired broadband vs. wireless/mobile, using only local connections to server). So it's NOT that good for most people in real-world scenarios.

@Kerry56, that's kind of like saying a 500 lb. trailer is more "bicycle friendly" than a 1000 lb one. In a literal sense it's true, but very few are going to seriously attempt dragging around a 500 lb. trailer with a bicycle.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I just tried it out. It's a GUI front-end to x265. It looks like it would make a good Batch encoder for those wanting a GUI. It's still in beta form and won't take AVS. It also defaults to hi-10 bit hevc. I couldn't get it to encode 8 bit hevc, no matter what I entered in command box.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hello everyone, I made Internet Friendly Media Encoder. I just notice this post via Google Search...
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Natively, via HTML5? No.
    Well, nobody said you've to use it for UHD videomaterial only.

If it compresses 50% stronger than H.264 then it can replace it after the compatibility spread more (I personally only care that my own hardware... e.g. smart-tv, supports it) AND the encoding time gets optimized. Takes way too incredibly long atm.

But nonetheless, it's not much internet friendly atm ^^

And apparently it isn't much user friendly either.
    I don't see any progress bar, I've no clue how many minuted, hours, days my encoding takes.

And the CRF slider allows values with comma but x265 won't work with such values and results in an error complaining about exactly that.
    I had to use my arrow keys to hit the 20 because with mouse it only switched between 20.1 and 19.9 and I can't enter a value by typing.

Why are there comma values anyway?
    Green Lantern: "As I was saying, Green Lantern can do anything"
    Batman: "Except shut up, apparently."
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Trixie-Altea View Post
    Some of the world uses commas as a decimal mark in numbers. Many European countries do so. For example, in France the number twelve and a half is written as 12,5. The author has Japanese text on his website, which is strange because according to Wikipedia, Japan uses periods as a decimal mark (ie. 12.5). Maybe the author is from a country that uses commas as decimal marks.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Trixie-Altea View Post
    But nonetheless, it's not much internet friendly atm ^^

And apparently it isn't much user friendly either.
    I don't see any progress bar, I've no clue how many minuted, hours, days my encoding takes.

And the CRF slider allows values with comma but x265 won't work with such values and results in an error complaining about exactly that.
    I had to use my arrow keys to hit the 20 because with mouse it only switched between 20.1 and 19.9 and I can't enter a value by typing.

I named it because easy to send for low bandwidth users,

I do put encoding progress, but not progress bar, I put on the title, example "[27%] 1337/4000 frames, ..."

due to comma, I'll fix it on next release by force US/UK type also enable manual input instead of using slider.
    Quote Quote  
  12. The progress in my window didn't show the total frames, only the frames it's done so far.
    Had to check my video in VirtualDub to see its total frames ^^

Can't you add a calc that calcs the time? From the time it takes to encode a single frame you should be able to multiply with all frames to get an estimated total time.
    I've no clue about programming, but I'd have it check the already taken time divided through the already encoded frames to get an average encoding time per frame and multiply that with the yet-to-do frames to get the time left value.

Summed together would be the total time.
    Green Lantern: "As I was saying, Green Lantern can do anything"
    Batman: "Except shut up, apparently."
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You will need to reduce the distance between keyframes.
    + Quick start video playback;
    + Fast / precise movement of the material.

----
    So far, the silence about the audio format USAC for HEVC.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by Trixie-Altea View Post
    The progress in my window didn't show the total frames, only the frames it's done so far.
    Had to check my video in VirtualDub to see its total frames ^^

Can't you add a calc that calcs the time? From the time it takes to encode a single frame you should be able to multiply with all frames to get an estimated total time.
    I've no clue about programming, but I'd have it check the already taken time divided through the already encoded frames to get an average encoding time per frame and multiply that with the yet-to-do frames to get the time left value.

Summed together would be the total time.
    actually I did add total frame by capturing x265 results, sometime program didn't display
    I try fix this with apply progress bar on windows 7/8 taskbar (since I don't know where to put)
    you can see IFME change's via GitHub

Originally Posted by Trixie-Altea View Post
    As you wish, now can add value via typing .
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!