VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not sure where to put this, hopefully someone can help..

I have a new 4 Port AV Selector Switch (Dynex) that I am trying to use to hook up multiple game systems to (NES / SNES / SMS / Genesis). I have the output 1 hooked into the input of either my TV Video or Line 2 of my VCR (I have tried both..). The only input that works when selected is Input 1. Whatever console is in that input will turn on and play on the TV. All other consoles plugged into inputs 2 - 4 when chosen and turned on do nothing. No Video, No Audio..

Anything I am doing wrong? I tried another connector as well and had the same luck....

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, it is a Dynex... What model is it so we can get more information?
    Have a good one,

neomaine

NEW! VideoHelp.com F@H team 166011!
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=166011

Folding@Home FAQ and download: http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Its any 4 port AV switcher...can you daisy chain 1 into another...so, if I use inputs 1 2 3 for devices and then use the input 4 to go to the output on teh second switcher and use those 4 ports for other machines..

WIll that adversely affect the switchers from working properly?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Speaking in very general terms, yes, that should usually work. SPECIFIC, DEFINITE answers about a SPECIFIC, PARTICULAR model of switch unit are likely to be much more accurate.

So, what is that Dynex model that you would like SPECIFIC information about?

Other general info would be that some devices, if they don't detect a display at the time they are powered up, won't display anything. Try having the display on first, throw the switch, then turn on the console. If you have already done that, then do it in reverse. Also, if you have that second switch daisy-chained, eliminate that for testing purposes. Some of these switches will not deal with changing cable types, IE S-video IN gives S-video out, Composite IN will NOT give S-Video out, etc. Audio should work, though.

Next general info would be that for a piece of Dynex equipment, at the first sign that something was not working right, I would pack it up and go exchange it for another one. Ideally, put some more dollars with it and get a better unit.
    Quote Quote