VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey everyone!

I use PPT for much of my video splicing and editing. It's a really robust program, but it's not very efficient for a project that has a lot of complex needs and segments.

Does anyone know of some add ins I might be able to use for the video portion?

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Wow, talk about having a hammer and thinking everything is a nail. As you yourself said, it is not very efficient. And considering that PowerPoint is typically used in a corporate/professional setting where time and productivity is money, I would seriously consider a separate tool, that is, a Non-Linear Editor (NLE), if you find you're spending a lot of time assembling videos for presentation to clients or management. There may be some whiz bang third party add-in that does what you are looking for, but it would likely cost just as much or more than a decent NLE, if one even exists. Corporate environments are often very myopic in this regard, but Sony Movie Studio (just one example) is only $50, and you will likely wonder why you didn't use an NLE sooner.
    Quote Quote