VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

am in a real mess & not just over avi.NET. But anyway -

Downloaded avi.net & probably already had avi.synth on my desktop somewhere. First off, I opened avi.net which told me it couldn't function because avi.synth hadn't been loaded to it: how do i load avi.synth to avi.net please?

Got curious about avi.net because all my home movies seem to end up as mpegs so i thought i'd have a go at converting them to AVI and see what happens? I have real trouble burning dvd's from softwares & end up rendering video files which i then burn to dvd on the default Win7 burner.

But i never really know what file i'm ending up with tonite i'm burning VIDEO_TS folders as dvd's & that's working really well - i get the visuals + audio, but the only thing i can work out about the file i created was that it is UDF, universal disk format, that's all i know.

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks,
    ric
    Quote Quote  
  2. Well I got there - dragged AviSynth to avi.NET and it all started happening

However, the VOB I burned to dvd earlier played on 2 pc's and one of 2 stand-alone dvd players. The VOB converted to AVI played on both computers but on neither s/alone dvd player!

This amazed me because I thought AVI would be a universally recognised file format

How can I author standard dvd's to play on a wide selection of standard dvd players please?

Thanks.
    ric
    Quote Quote  
  3. I then took the AVI and put it through Vdub, just to make sure it was an AVI. Then I saved it as an AVI in Vdub (just to be double sure) & noticed the MB's had gone up, heavier video file. But it still couldn't be detected in the s/alone player - why please?

ric
    Quote Quote  
  4. em, has this forum closed?

ric
    Quote Quote