VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I'm using Adobe Premiere CS4 to produce a twenty five minute video. I tried to render a high quality H.264 CBR file but the video didn't make it past 4 gigs, so I'm assuming there is a 4 GB file size limit with Adobe Media Encoder, H.264/MP4 files or my Windows 7 64 bit NTFS operating system. Is that the case or is it something else?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Ron B View Post
    I'm using Adobe Premiere CS4 to produce a twenty five minute video. I tried to render a high quality H.264 CBR file but the video didn't make it past 4 gigs, so I'm assuming there is a 4 GB file size limit with Adobe Media Encoder, H.264/MP4 files or my Windows 7 64 bit NTFS operating system. Is that the case or is it something else?

No filesize limit.

Are you saving to a destination NTFS formatted drive ?

Is the video all there? 25 min ? What video bitrate did you choose ? What audio bitrate?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Is your hard drive formatted with Fat32 by any chance?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    All the hard drives in the system are NTFS. Video bitrate is CBR 20 Mbps, audio is AAC 192 kbps 48kHz. I don't usually make video files this large, I was making this one for a backup.

I set the Adobe Media Encoder video bitrate to 20 Mbps earlier when it failed to render the project. I reset the bitrate to 15 Mbps to try again but apparently it didn't register. I'm going to reboot the computer and try again. Something is not right.

-I've removed a video clip I thought was a problem that somehow derailed the rendering process, but at the same point in the rendering process, about the 23 minute point of the video project, the video starts to jitter and goes like that to the end of the rendering process. Nothing after the "jittery" segment is rendered.

I'm baffled by this problem. I make these kind of videos all the time, in fact, I'm using an Adobe Media Encoder preset I've used hundreds of times without issue. I've cleared temp files before rendering, rebooted the computer, restarted the programs, I don't know what else to try.
    Last edited by Ron B; 30th Aug 2014 at 16:09. Reason: Additional information
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!