VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I want to know proper standard for transport streams (For H.264 video),my doubts are
    1) If size of PES packet is > 65536 then pes_packet_length filed should be zero ??

2) If PES packet size more than 65536 then do we require PES header for over flow packets ??

3)What should be value of Payload unit start indicator for over flow packets ??
    Quote Quote  
  2. Guest34343
    According to my reading of the specification:

1. Yes
    2. No
    3. 0

Note that PES_packet_length = 0 is allowed only for the video elementary stream.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks neuron for reply...
    I have implemented above points for TS(My TS Muxer Library Converts from H.264 file to TS File) but if i play that TS into VLC i observe some glitches in video...
    so i am wondering Is it a problem with VLC Demuxer or My TS Muxer ??
    Any Idea is appreciated...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Guest34343
    I would use a known good demuxer to demux the video elementary stream from your created transport stream, then do a binary compare with the original elementary stream (before muxing). If they are not identical then your muxer has failed. If they are identical, then perhaps VLC has problems. Have you tried other players?

Can you upload a sample of your muxed file to a hosting site and post the link here? Then I will be able to test it in several reliable applications. Transport stream muxing is a complex operation and it is easy to go wrong.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    How Does it impact in Video Quality if My TS packets of PIDs 0(PAT Packet) is changed(Now It's in different location then the previous location!!) in TS file ??
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Well I have tried to play TS with ffmpeg also but still i observed some glitches in video !!..
    Quote Quote  
  7. Guest34343
    The location of the PAT/PMT packets should not be relevant. Please do the test I recommended. And I cannot answer any further questions without a sample.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    PFA TS file which has some glitches..
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    When I see TS in MPEG2TS packet analyzer i can see all packets with Correct header values still there are some glitches when i play it...

I observed there are some misorder for PAT packets compared to my previous TS Muxer..... So I am wondering glitches are caused because of PAT packet misorder in TS??
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!