VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am trying to join a couple of wmv files but they have different resolutions (one is 720x480 and the other is 640x480). I tried joining them the way they are with asftools but that didn't work. So I thought I should try resizing one of them to match the other. I tried to do that with virtualdub 1.3 but when I try to open the file I get the following message:

Code:
    asf: illegal object fragment flags...
    is there an easier way to do this?

appreciate any help :P
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    From what I recall , asf isn't supported in vdub , unless your using a very old version that included it ... and it wasn't that good , so no
    Append wont work neither .

Wmv , well I seen something mention about that yesterday ... but no , my brain's on the blink , you'll need to check other post's by searching for wmv conversion from other user's ... dig deep enough , you'll find it .

Try windows media encoder or windows movie maker instead ... although if their wrapped by license , it wont work either ... nothing will if they are from online source's where you never received the license to initially play them in the first place .
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Basically, there's no way to join video of any kind with different resolutions. It's like trying to seamlessly join 2 pipes of different dimensions.

IIRC, some of the latest versions of Virtualdubmpeg2 can at least read wmv/asf

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  4. thanks guys, I managed to do it with windows media encoder.

I think I can do it with virtualdub-mpeg2 also, since I was able to open the wmv file correctly (after I installed a VFW compatible codec) :P
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mats is right, you re-encode those segments. You did not join them.
    Quote Quote