VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a DVD that will play on my computer but not my standalone. I converted a Real Audio/Real Video fille to several Video_TS files, I burned the largest one to disk, and it will only play on my computer not my standalone, should I have converted to something else? Please help!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Converted with what ? Burned with what ?

A proper conversion should give you a Video_TS folder, with .ifo, .bup and .vob files within. This folder should be burned with Imgburn to create a DVD video disc that (assuming it was converted correctly) should play in your player
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger View Post
    Converted with what ? Burned with what ?

A proper conversion should give you a Video_TS folder, with .ifo, .bup and .vob files within. This folder should be burned with Imgburn to create a DVD video disc that (assuming it was converted correctly) should play in your player
    Thanks for responding Guns1inger , i have 8 Video_TS files nothing in Audio_TS i loaded them all in ImgBurn still won't play on standalone, files are as follows;

1. Video_TS.BUP 12KB
    2. VIDEO_TS.VOB 430 kb
    3.VTS_01_0.IFO 36KB
    4.VTS_01_1.VOB 1024 MB
    5.VIDEO_TS.IFO 12KB
    6.VTS_01_0.BUP 36KB
    7.VTS_01_0.VOB 430KB
    8. VTS_01_2.VOB 21.8 MB
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You need to burn the video_ts folder, not just the files. After burning, if you look at the disc in Windows Explorer you should see the video_ts folder, and inside that, all the files you have listed
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You need to burn the video_ts folder, not just the files. After burning, if you look at the disc in Windows Explorer you should see the video_ts folder, and inside that, all the files you have listed
    Did just like you said still won't play made fourth coaster here is ImgBurn log. Sorry wrong log disregard, seems like i lost the log for this session
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How did you create this DVD structure ? Have you test played the structure from your HDD. Note : test play means using medi player classic or similar and loading the IFO file, not the VOBs.

What media are you burning to ? If it is the same as in the log you attached, it could be the cause.

When you select a Video_TS folder, Imgburn should set the file system to ISO9660 + UDF. You can confirm this before burning by checking the Options tab.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    #1 Why does it appear that your "source" is a DVD-R in a Lite On drive?
    #2 The video in question is PAL format....you are in the U.S.?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How did you create this DVD structure ? Have you test played the structure from your HDD. Note : test play means using medi player classic or similar and loading the IFO file, not the VOBs.

What media are you burning to ? If it is the same as in the log you attached, it could be the cause.

When you select a Video_TS folder, Imgburn should set the file system to ISO9660 + UDF. You can confirm this before burning by checking the Options tab.
    I did get it to play by changing the settings, but the two hour movie is not only four minutes long.

I created the DVD structure with Real Player.

The original RealMedia file is two hours long, but after I converted it and tested the IFO file as per your instructions it is only four minutes as well. What does this mean? I am using the converter "SUPER"

The media i am using is Maxell -R My friend let me borrow that same movies a year ago burned on Maxell -R

By the way my standalone is Panasonic DVD-RV27

http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Panasonic-DVD-RV27
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    #1 Why does it appear that your "source" is a DVD-R in a Lite On drive?
    #2 The video in question is PAL format....you are in the U.S.?
    That was the wrong log, sorry disregard yes i am in the US.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wait a minute. You say your video is 2 hours long, and yet you only have a single .vob file (VTS_01_1.VOB 1024 MB) of the movie. Where are the other .vob main movie files?

Does Real Player actually create DVD-compliant files? Consider using a more reliable tool, like ConvertXtoDVD.

Maxell DVD-R is generally not the most reliable, although I don't think it is the primary cause of your current woes. Buy Verbatim discs.

So, is the source PAL or NTSC? You said you had the wrong log, but did not actually clarify which standard you had. Most US DVD players will not play PAL movies.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by filmboss80 View Post
    Wait a minute. You say your video is 2 hours long, and yet you only have a single .vob file (VTS_01_1.VOB 1024 MB) of the movie. Where are the other .vob main movie files?

Does Real Player actually create DVD-compliant files? Consider using a more reliable tool, like ConvertXtoDVD.

Maxell DVD-R is generally not the most reliable, although I don't think it is the primary cause of your current woes. Buy Verbatim discs.

So, is the source PAL or NTSC? You said you had the wrong log, but did not actually clarify which standard you had. Most US DVD players will not play PAL movies.
    I have several files in the video_TS folder, not just one. The source is PAL. The problem is in the conversion I am trying ConverterXtoDVD tonight will post results. I normally use verbatim I just ran out of stock my standalone loves the Maxell -Rs though!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Only one of the 8 files you listed is 1024 MB. You should have several if the movie is 2 hours long.

You listed your location as the US. It is an NTSC country. If your source is PAL, you're going to have a whole new set of issues. (Actually, it may be why you have problems in the first place.) Computer DVD playback software will handle it, but not your standalone player, unless it is a multi-standard unit.

If this movie is something that can be purchased domestically, the few bucks you'd spend on it will be a much better bargain than the lost time and frustrations associated with trying to fix what you currently have.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by filmboss80 View Post
    Only one of the 8 files you listed is 1024 MB. You should have several if the movie is 2 hours long.

You listed your location as the US. It is an NTSC country. If your source is PAL, you're going to have a whole new set of issues. (Actually, it may be why you have problems in the first place.) Computer DVD playback software will handle it, but not your standalone player, unless it is a multi-standard unit.

If this movie is something that can be purchased domestically, the few bucks you'd spend on it will be a much better bargain than the lost time and frustrations associated with trying to fix what you currently have.
    Yes I should just purchase it if ConverterXtoDVD does not do the trick maybe I will!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I purchased ConverterXtoDVD not just for this task but cause I needed a good conversion program.
    However it did not work with my rm file I believe my rm file is skewed at best. The VSO people claim ConverterXtoDVD can convert the rm file http://www.convertxtodvd.com-http.com/burn-rm-files-to-dvd.html
    but it failed. I give up, thanks so much for your help everyone, your the best. If anyone wants a copy of the rm file pm me with your info. Until then happy converting!
    Quote Quote