VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have a website in which i want to show TV channels broadcasting/streaming.I have set top box which i am using for TV.
    I have TV tuner Technisat brand but it is not supporting Direct Show. So i decided to buy new capture card.

I want below information
    1. Product detail of good Capture card which should compatible with FMLE.

2. How to connect capture card with co-axial cable or Set Top box directly?

2. How to broadcast multiple channels with FMLE and capture card?

Let me know if you need more information.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    You're going to need one tuner for every channel you want to broadcast simultaneously. So that means multiple STBs and/or card(s) with multiple tuners. What is the reception format? DVB-T?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I wanted to broadcast multiple channels at same time from single tuner or any gud capture card. Currently i have tuner with DVB-PC.please check below link. but it is not supported in FMLE. Kindly help to suggest what things i need and how i can implement it.
    https://www.technisat.com/en_XX/SkyStar-S2/352-2675-1676/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rinapatel View Post
    I wanted to broadcast multiple channels at same time from single tuner or any gud capture card. Currently i have tuner with DVB-PC.please check below link. but it is not supported in FMLE. Kindly help to suggest what things i need and how i can implement it.
    https://www.technisat.com/en_XX/SkyStar-S2/352-2675-1676/
    It doesn't matter you still can only do one channel at time with a single tuner it not possible to broadcast multiple channels from a single tuner that why the more single, dual or quad tuner you have the more channel you can record at one time like I do with SageTV where I can record up to 6 channel at same time with 4 DirecTV set-top box's connected to "2" Hauppauge HD-PVR 2 & "2" Hauppauge Colossus capture card and "1" Hauppauge HVR-2250 ATSC.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks SHS but may i know how this website doing this stuffhttp://www.ilive.to/channels

They have hundreds of channels on their own server using RTMP
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks SHS but may i know how this website doing this stuffhttp://www.ilive.to/channels

Hundreds of tuners, a server or three, and the backing of a small I/T department.

You will need at least a full room of equipment if you want to pull this off on a home job.
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by PuzZLeR View Post
    Thanks SHS but may i know how this website doing this stuff http://www.ilive.to/channels

Hundreds of tuners, a server or three, and the backing of a small I/T department.

You will need at least a full room of equipment if you want to pull this off on a home job.
    No it not like that PuzZLeR on that site sorry
    The hundreds of channels listed there are you I and min other people with TV tuner install on are system which is all over the world connecting to that web site.
    If want broadcast a Live TV Steam you sign for an account there then you download a software package that allow you to turn your TV Tuner or Capture device into Live TV Channel for video streaming over internet it no diff then with Twitch, YouTube, Usteam and any other live video streaming legal service that now done with Video Games now days other then fact that site is illegal to steam TV live in most country know as re-broadcasting.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The other method that these multi-channel systems use is that they are simply a portal.

They get agreement to rebroadcast the original channel's own stream so the user only has to go to one place rather than have links to 000's.

Methinks the OP got his wires crossed. He is looking at portals. In other words, no actual capturing takes place. And to actaully rebroadcast live transmissions will land the 'broadcaster' in court very quickly in most countries.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Guys thanks for you all feedback.but there is no any other way anything can minimize inputs ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SHS View Post
    Originally Posted by PuzZLeR View Post
    Thanks SHS but may i know how this website doing this stuff http://www.ilive.to/channels

No it not like that PuzZLeR on that site sorry
    The hundreds of channels listed there are you I and min other people with TV tuner install on are system which is all over the world connecting to that web site.
    If want broadcast a Live TV Steam you sign for an account there then you download a software package that allow you to turn your TV Tuner or Capture device into Live TV Channel for video streaming over internet it no diff then with Twitch, YouTube, Usteam and any other live video streaming legal service that now done with Video Games now days other then fact that site is illegal to steam TV live in most country know as re-broadcasting.
    I was under the impression that the question was how the host had them running from location, with multiple tuners, etc. Didn't realize it was shared feeds from remote sources (with, of course, a tuner for each), which is outside the topic of this thread, and a completely different matter. Running a server and the I/T behind this would be the easy part then. Gathering the feeds is another.
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Single tuner can be used to capture single transponder and single transponder can have multiple services thus more than 1 program can be received and retransmitted.
    There is new trend in Front End design - so called full band tuner - at the same time whole cable/terrestrial spectrum (from 50MHz to 1GHz) is received then captured signal is feed to multiple demodulators and at the end there is multiple transport streams available (usually between 4 and 12 demodulators in 1 tuner). This will significantly reduce size of equipment.
    Soon on market this kind of solution should be available.

Description for technology http://www.broadcom.com/collateral/wp/3128-WP100.pdf

Comparable solutions are offered also for satellite for example http://www.maxlinear.com/press-release-10-25-12/
    Last edited by pandy; 15th Jan 2014 at 14:48.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    Single tuner can be used to capture single transponder and single transponder can have multiple services thus more than 1 program can be received and retransmitted.
    There is new trend in Front End design - so called full band tuner - at the same time whole cable/terrestrial spectrum (from 50MHz to 1GHz) is received then captured signal is feed to multiple demodulators and at the end there is multiple transport streams available (usually between 4 and 12 demodulators in 1 tuner). This will significantly reduce size of equipment.
    Soon on market this kind of solution should be available.

Description for technology http://www.broadcom.com/collateral/wp/3128-WP100.pdf

Comparable solutions are offered also for satellite for example http://www.maxlinear.com/press-release-10-25-12/
    Old news where have you been just look up Ceton InfiniTV and do believe that Silicondust also has some in works a HDHomeRun Prime six tuner CableCard Ethernet Tuner and that doesn't count all the dual/quads tuners out there.
    Last edited by SHS; 16th Jan 2014 at 10:04.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by SHS View Post
    Old news where have you been just look up Ceton InfiniTV and do believe that Silicondust also has some in works a HDHomeRun Prime six tuner CableCard Ethernet Tuner and that doesn't count all the dual/quads tuners out there.
    There is a difference between multiple tuner solutions and single full band capture tuner solution - and as there are some products on market that use more than 2 - 4 tuners there is no PC card (AFAIK) that support multipple channels at the same time with full band capture technology (single IC solution - not counting LNA).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    Originally Posted by SHS View Post
    There is a difference between multiple tuner solutions and single full band capture tuner solution - and as there are some products on market that use more than 2 - 4 tuners there is no PC card (AFAIK) that support multipple channels at the same time with full band capture technology (single IC solution - not counting LNA).
    But the points it still works the basics same way it just that they rework some hardware to do it in a diff way vs the old solutions and as you said it just significantly reduce size of it, beside it will be some time before we see thing anything my guest in 3/5 years and most likely they put limits on the number of channels on Sat/Cable.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by SHS View Post
    But the points it still works the basics same way it just that they rework some hardware to do it in a diff way vs the old solutions and as you said it just significantly reduce size of it, beside it will be some time before we see thing anything my guest in 3/5 years and most likely they put limits on the number of channels on Sat/Cable.
    There is few quite important differences but they are not so important for average customer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yes, fullband replacement of narrowband/wideband ones means hardware (and support) that costs 5 figures, as opposed to setups that cost 6 figures. However, NEITHER is even remotely within the capabilities of the average (or above average) consumer.

To recap: the answer is NO.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Yes, fullband replacement of narrowband/wideband ones means hardware (and support) that costs 5 figures, as opposed to setups that cost 6 figures. However, NEITHER is even remotely within the capabilities of the average (or above average) consumer.

To recap: the answer is NO.

Scott
    Any source for those 5 and 6 digit figures? - i see BOM for product in my company and everything is way bellow 200$
    Quote Quote