VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    Been using svcd on xp all's beenn fine then built new pc with win 7 i have loaded svcd on and it work's really well so impressed however it appear's i have a problem. i add asset's (avi's net) they are over 4.37 gb so i press Auto fit i make the dvd all well when i go to burn the disk using nero (as i've always done) the vob files are too big to fit on a disk but only just too big.. i have tested it out using 3 assetts, 2 assetts and still the same problem.. has anyone else had this problem? or is someone with the know how able to point me in the right direction to resolve this issue..

Many Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Are they too big before running them through Nero? Nero might be re-encoding as it commonly does. If the files produced by SVCD2DVD are too big, then you may have to make some adjustments there. If they are too big after Nero, then I would use something else beside Nero.

If you are using SVCD2DVD, then just burn the VIDEO_TS folder to disc with ImgBurn. I don't use Nero for anything anymore.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    Thank you for the quick reply, the video ts files are too big before i use Nero. when you say make some adjustments to svcd2dvd could you explain a little bit more please..

Thank you for the imgburn tip i'll get onto that..
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I haven't used SVCD2DVD in quite a while, but there should be some settings to reduce the output size besides the auto fit. But give ImgBurn a try. If it says they are too big also, then you would need to make some changes with SVCD2DVD.
    Quote Quote