VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm using dvd fab 6 and I can't backup the new transformer movie. Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Rip it4me
    Movie only, should work.

Tony
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It must be tuesday again

This not not an authoring issue.

Check the correct forum, DVD to DVDR, https://forum.videohelp.com/dvd-to-dvdr-f20.html, then read the big sticky at the top of the page

Next, make sure you actually have the latest version of DVDFab HD Decrypter which was released Oct 20, otherwise you may have to wait a day or two for a new update for any new copy protections.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Noahtuck
    It must be tuesday again
    Tuesday comes every 7 days

However, today is Wednesday :P :P
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by stiltman
    Originally Posted by Noahtuck
    It must be tuesday again
    Tuesday comes every 7 days

However, today is Wednesday :P :P
    Ahhh....

But if you check the date the OP posted :P

Quote Quote  
  6. I posted this Tuesday morning, RIPIT4ME worked. use wizard mode and your on your way
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried ripit4me and I thougth it worked until I watched the movie, It mixed up the order of the titles. It would play like title 1, 6,9,14,2,14,7,15,11 and so on. Strangest thing I ever saw. Any Ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just wait until dvdfab or anydvd has a version that works for it.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After several futile attempts and wasted coasters using Ripit4me, I've decided to wait for the newest versions of DVDFab and DVDFabHD myself. I would get the end credits and then a missing segment from the film. These studios are getting wilier and wilier! :P

Hopefully it won't take long!
    Quote Quote  
  10. RipIt4Me
    Latest version: 1.7.1.0 (March 23, 2007)

One wonders why people are still using it and then reporting problems
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Stiltman,

I used the latest version and it still messed up. Try DVD shrinking it and see if you come up with better results. It does the decrypting, but I've tried it 3 times on two different pc's and it still scrambles the playback order!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You have to use AnyDVD 6.5.9.4 or Higher, Right click on AnyDVD icon, choose rip movie. Open ripped file with DVD Shrink. I used Vob Blanker before using DVD Shrink and got rid of some files. Title 47 is the good title, I think it was in VTS 9. I got the full movie. Anyway, it worked fine. AnyDVD is the way to go, forget anything else.

It Started In Texas
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Hyteckman
    Stiltman,

I used the latest version and it still messed up. Try DVD shrinking it and see if you come up with better results. It does the decrypting, but I've tried it 3 times on two different pc's and it still scrambles the playback order!
    Look at my post again, read it VERY carefully
    Quote Quote  
  14. You don't have to use AnyDVD (payware). The latest and free DVDFab HD Decrypter will do it. For movie-only decrypts, apparently this is one way to get it:
    I hear this works also with ver 6.0.7.0, but I used the latest beta ver 6.1.1.8
    Boot dvdfab and go into settings and then disable pathplayer.
    Put the disc in and select main movie.
    Find & select Title 47. MUST BE 47!
    When you get errors, click "ignore all" and keep ignoring them.
    Eventually, you'll get the "Next" button. Click it.
    You may even get errors after it's finished & the disc ejects.
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1336499#post1336499
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I like AnyDVD better. It looks like they anticipated a new encryption on said dvd and released an update tuesday morning. They are always on top of their stuff.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In the mean time I back it up using a Modded APEX AD-600A as player and recorded it into a DVD RECORDED(any kind), it's real time but worked great. Use A DVD+R 8.2 GB, movie last 2:32. Then using DVD Shrink make a Backup into a 4.7GB DVD-R
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just playing around with ripit4me and fixvts I was able to rip the main movie
    and it played just fine as vobs 1 thru 8. The vobs themselves were sequentially correct. However trying to play it as a DVD with the IFOs it was all sequentially mixed. Strange indeed. I had posted this situation earlier re: playing the original disk on my modded firmware 5990.
    With the mod, it's set up to play the movie without ever going to the menu. I hadn't seen the movie previously so after watching it for about 20 minutes and having it skip from place to place without me realizing what was happening, I was beginning to think this is one strange movie. I restarted it from the menu and it played fine.

Tony
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vicitacion
    In the mean time I back it up using a Modded APEX AD-600A as player and recorded it into a DVD RECORDED(any kind), it's real time but worked great. Use A DVD+R 8.2 GB, movie last 2:32. Then using DVD Shrink make a Backup into a 4.7GB DVD-R
    Of course using this method you lose digital surround sound. - unless you dub to your computer using the hauppauge hd pvr 1212 and a fiber optic cable - or a soundcard with bit accurate recording like the xfi series from creative.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote