VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Have an LG Blu-Ray writer that burns both BD-R and BD-RE as well as CD-R/RW & DVD-R/+R/RW. Sony DVD Architect Studio (which does both BR and DVD projects) recognizes the drive, can tell you the stats of BD-RE media in it, but won't actually burn to a BD-RE, but will burn to a BD-R. Same with FreeISOBurner. The only app that will burn a BD-RE disc is the Cyberlink Blu-Ray Disc Suite that came with the drive.

The disks I'm using are Color Research

Any insight as to why this is?

Running XP SP3

Thanks.
    Last edited by brassplyer; 12th Feb 2015 at 10:08.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried imgburn for bd-re?My lg blu-ray burner has no issues burning with it,could be just the software you are using is buggy.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Have you tried imgburn for bd-re?My lg blu-ray burner has no issues burning with it,could be just the software you are using is buggy.
    Thanks I'll give it a try and report back. The Cyberlink App works but it's slow to come up, slow to load the project.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It may be the media brand, believe it or not. About 3 years ago I bought one Sony BD-RE disc because I wanted one RE disc. I didn't need a pack of them, just needed one. Sony was easy to find in local stores, so I bought it. None of my BluRay players would play it and I seem to recall it was troublesome to burn to as well, although I did finally pull that off. I bought a Verbatim BD-RE disc and that was a lot better. My players had no problems with it. I'd suggest trying a Verbatim disc and see if it works better. Try ImgBurn too as if it doesn't work then for sure you'll have to try my Verbatim suggestion.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    It may be the media brand, believe it or not. About 3 years ago I bought one Sony BD-RE disc because I wanted one RE disc. I didn't need a pack of them, just needed one. Sony was easy to find in local stores, so I bought it. None of my BluRay players would play it and I seem to recall it was troublesome to burn to as well, although I did finally pull that off. I bought a Verbatim BD-RE disc and that was a lot better. My players had no problems with it. I'd suggest trying a Verbatim disc and see if it works better. Try ImgBurn too as if it doesn't work then for sure you'll have to try my Verbatim suggestion.
    I'll give Verbatim a try.

What's odd is that it *will* burn to these Color Research BD-RE disks, but only with the Cyberlink app. This is the only Blu-Ray burner I've had so I don't know if the issue is somehow related to this specific drive.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!