VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Attention! Users are likely to be compromised! After registering and activation by email, there is no "My Files". When you try go to: http://files.videohelp.com it ask you to login or make account. If you go to login, you are already logged. If you go to files, you are logged out! Somebody seems get all your disk space instead of you!

How could be exist problem exactly with 1 think in all ways!? Where is the host?
    My experience show me that other users have their files in the same time. Оnly the new user (only me) is denied.

Last edited by arcanoider; 4th Sep 2014 at 15:36.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    OK. When I post in forum, my files was activated. Where is the rule of this? Show me please! Why you do users so confused?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did you merely register just to get some free storage space ?

It is quite logical in my eyes that you only get the space if you actively contribute to the forum(s)
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yep, it's for active forum users. I added a note about that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Much as I anticipated.

But how should one define 'active' ?. The OP may prove me wrong over time but at present it is one post - the complaint - and another - the solution.

Is it fair that a single post gets the same privileges of those that really do contribute to the forums ie 100's of posts. I appreciate that this is a tough call since those that will seek advantage could simply post garbage if it were deemed fit and proper that a set number of posts had to be made to qualify for this. I know this from experience when I was a forum admin and we set a modest total of 5 posts for full privileges and I was deleting rubbish for hours on end since the so-called 'members' wanted the cream without really contributing to the cake.

Does not really bother me as I keep all my files 'local'. Do not believe in any external storage especially with the current controversy and it has been stated that there is no guarantee that these files will forever be available on the servers.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!