VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Liteon LVW5007 that's over 1 yr. old (no more warranty!) and it has been giving me lots of problems of late. First it no longer recognize most of the media I put in (TDK, SONY, Fuji, Verbatim both DVD+R and DVD+RW) and on the rare occasion when it does recognize it the recording it made can not be watch using any DVD player, including the LVW5007. However it does play back DVD that I bought from store. Macrovision has been removed using hacks listed here since I first got the unit. Here's my question: Since this unit is Marcrovision disabled, can I use it to play back store bought DVD and output the video to another DVD recorder that's not MV disabled and make back up copy. In other word, is the video output from this Liteon 5007 also MV disabled? Thanks in advance for any helpful thoughts.
    Quote Quote  
  2. i'd suggest trying to update the firmware..........this has fixed some issues with burner's ive had in the past (at least temperarily) if that doesnt work, then i'd just bite the bullet and buy a new drive.......analog conversion probably wont produce very good results if thats what your talking about....if your talking about copying it directly from the disc to another burner, yes that should work.....
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by thl777
    I have a Liteon LVW5007 that's over 1 yr. old...Here's my question: Since this unit is Marcrovision disabled, can I use it to play back store bought DVD and output the video to another DVD recorder that's not MV disabled and make back up copy. In other word, is the video output from this Liteon 5007 also MV disabled? Thanks in advance for any helpful thoughts.
    No. The unit has been hacked only to IGNORE copy protections while recording from the inputs. The hack does not disable Macrovision or other copy protections coming from the output.

The best way to back-up your own DVDs is by using your computer, a DVD burner (now around $40), and the links to free software found on this site.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by RowMan
    Originally Posted by thl777
    I have a Liteon LVW5007 that's over 1 yr. old...Here's my question: Since this unit is Marcrovision disabled, can I use it to play back store bought DVD and output the video to another DVD recorder that's not MV disabled and make back up copy. In other word, is the video output from this Liteon 5007 also MV disabled? Thanks in advance for any helpful thoughts.
    No. The unit has been hacked only to IGNORE copy protections while recording from the inputs. The hack does not disable Macrovision or other copy protections coming from the output.

The best way to back-up your own DVDs is by using your computer, a DVD burner (now around $40), and the links to free software found on this site.
    Thanks for the reply, I think I will try the DVD burner/computer route for making backups, can you recommend which free softwares to use thats most "newbie" friendly, I noticed there are lots of them posted here, thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I have a macrovision free dvd player & I can output to another dvd recorder fine.
    Quote Quote  
  6. There are a few DVD players that can be hacked to not produce Macrovision, but out of the few that can, there are even fewer (if any now) that can be hacked to also remove CGMS/a (another protection specifically designed to prevent copying a DVD to a DVD recorder). You're one of the luckier ones, handyguy.

As far as free backup software, try DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, and DVDFab Decrypter. These three are pretty much the most popular basic package for free DVD backups and are easy to use.

For even more simplicity I've recommended AnyDVD, but it's a pay program.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you just want the movie title recorded from one dvd player to a dvd recorder , then you can't go past the sony playstation 2 for this .. perfect recording's to dvd recorder's and vhs .

Or for those of us with capture device's ... record to pc , edit , then burn .

No more game's on my pc ... alway's a pain "you need to update this and that"

New playstation 2 slim unit's now play all region game's .
    Quote Quote