VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ive been using a programme called: MPEG Encoder to get my .avi files into MPEG format. and then TMPencode to put the MPEG files into Pal to put onto a DVD disk!

It's worked fine for 12 .avi's but now im left with 2 .avi's that won't convert into MPEG / Pal for a DVD disk!

Anyonek now what the problem is?

2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No one will be able to help you with this because we have NO idea what the technical specs of those two file are. If these are downloads, they could be anything.
    No DVD can withstand the power of DVDShrink along with AnyDVD!

Search Comp PM
    Secondly, your current process is highly suspect. Why use an mpeg encoder to encode an avi file, then use a different mpeg encoder to convert the format ?

Start with details, and try to be accurate. Use g-spot to get the details of the avi files so we know what source you have. Use the correct names and spelling for the software you are using. There is no TMPencode, however there is a tmpgenc. If that is what you mean, please say so.

The vaguer you are, the less help you will get, simply because all we have to go on is guesses.
    Read my blog here.

4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    4CC: southcliffapartments@theseaside.co.uk
    Name: DivX 5.0
    IMRR: 1.00
    I/L: 1 vid frame (40 ms) Split: Yes

Is that enough info?

Search Comp PM
    No. Post a screen shot of the output from g-spot 2.52b. Detail your process and the software you use (accurately). Explain why you use two different mepg encoder and multiple steps to do what could be done in one step. Help us to help you.
    Read my blog here.

6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use several steps because it's the only way i know of doing this task

Here is the screencap!

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning. Please check the rules about warez.
    Thanks
    / Moderator offline

7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like you are bringing in files in various formats, and then wanting to convert them to MPEG2. If your beginning file is already DIVX, you want something that converts from DIVX to MPEG. If you file is AVI or DV-AVI, you want a different tool for that. You first need to figure out all the different file types you will be working with, and then use the search function, or browse the forums to figure out which tools will work best for what you want to do. Before you can do anything, you first need to know what you have to start with, and what you want for the end result. Then you can figure out the way to get there.
    Rob

8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanx!