VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm thinking about purchasing one of these and I'd appreciate any pros/cons. I've been able to find more information out about the Panasonic unit because it has been around longer.

Panasonic:
    + Optical and Coax digital outputs
    + Plays WMA and MP3

Sony:
    - Only Coax output
    + Plays MP3
    + Plays DVD-RW/DVD+RW
    + some mysterious features... BNR & Preset Video Equalizer??
    + a little smaller

I've heard mixed reviews of the Panasonic's MP3 playback.. some people seem to like it more than others. I haven't heard anything about the Sony unit..

Should I care about DVD-RW/DVD+RW playback? Is one more sensitive to DVD-R playback?

Thanks...!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Well i proboly cant help you out hear much but i do know that bnr stands for block noise reduction
    Quote Quote  
  3. when i go to circuit city or sears, salkes people preferred panasonic over sony..

i am not to sure why.. they just say "if i were to purchase i'd pick panasonic". DUH.

are any of these dvd players hackable??
    Quote Quote  
  4. i would go with the sony 315 i just got one and its amazing. plays my bootlegs (cd-r's and cdrw's) amazing! sound and picture is great. the only complain i have about this dvd player is that it doset play svcd. im hopeing theres a way around this with this player
    Quote Quote  
  5. hi,

i have a sony NS400 it is good and plays all media except mp3 and SVCD. most of sony players do not play SVCD. My friend had a panasonic with all the features like mp3 paly back/vcd and svcd but not WMA. it was good to. the only diffrence between him and mine is i have a 5.1 decoder built in. I would say you can pic either one.
    Baskaran Swamiappan
    Englewood,CO
    baskis@gmail.com
    Quote Quote  
  6. are any of these region and macrovision free??

If they are hackable i'm gonna get one today. anyone knows?
    Quote Quote  
  7. I Happen to have the Inside Information that THERE IS A REMOTE CONTROL HACK FOR THE PANASONIC RV32, Now what this Hack is and if it is on the net yet is annother storry, but the fact is pretty sure...
    Quote Quote  
  8. My Pansonic RV-61K will run circles around those Sony's it has the best picture on the market at this time and Sony's will not play Dolby Digital Audio CD's as my panasonic will, has the audio chip that goes to 192mhz and the better 54 bit video chip, built in 5.1 DDS Decoder also. Plays DVD-R's perfect, MP3 and VCD's.
    If you want a player thats hackable around Marcovision get the Daewoo 5800, its only $89 and has a great picture, plays anything you throw at it and will play svcd's at 704x480 at 6000 bitrate which the panasonic or sony can not.
    Quote Quote