VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just built and burnt a BD-9 with AVCHDCoder and I realized when I played it that I forgot to check the box to force the subtitles. The subs are there so I can still manually turn them on two seconds if need be. However, being the anal perfectionist that I am, I think I want to re-burn it with subs forced. I don't mind throwing away a disc, but I really don't want to tie up my PC with another long rebuild. If I rip the disc to my HD, is there a good tool that I could use to "change the setting" to force the subs? I'm not fully up to speed on file structure of BDs so I guess if the forced subs are built into the m2ts file, then I probably just have to live with the rebuild (or wasting those excruciating two seconds to turn the subs on). Any suggestions or tools that anyone would recommend? I'm not having much luck through my searches in the forums on this topic.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try bdedit.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did see that tool before I posed the question, but there didn't seem to be much info on it. I'll give it a shot and see what happens. Any other options or tools that might do the same thing?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I was looking to do the same thing, and found some instructions on a different forum. Its not the most streamlined method... if anyone knows of a easier way to do this, please let us know.

Having your subtitles automatically play, this is done once BD-RB is done it's thing. Use BDedit (link) for this.

1. Open BDedit
    2. Browse for your BD structure, open the BDMV folder
    3. Hit the "Read" button
    4. Highlight the "0001" line on the right hand side.
    5. Hit the "+" to the right of that

6. Highlight the new line

7. Input the following shown below, do not input the "Hex" values, they will update once the other settings are made. Once complete hit the "Save" button.

Doing this will enable subtitles automatically so you do not need to turn them on upon initial playback.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi, you can re-up the photo please! I can not start them automatically,
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Immagine.jpg
Views:	650
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	27362
    Quote Quote  
  6. Please post again and tell us if it worked or not.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  7. notting i read the guide but BD Airplane I is different from img and don't work
    thanks buddy
    Quote Quote