VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am using Tmpgnc to convert DVD to VCD format after the process of DVD2AVI. Once I open the .d2v file in Tmpgnc, it works. But the audio process shows "invalid audio source".
    Beside Tmpgnc, is there any other program to replace it?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by better life
    I am using Tmpgnc to convert DVD to VCD format after the process of DVD2AVI. Once I open the .d2v file in Tmpgnc, it works. But the audio process shows "invalid audio source".
    Beside Tmpgnc, is there any other program to replace it?
    that's because dvd2avi creates a .d2v file and a seperate audio file, you need to load both of them, choose the .d2v as your video source and the .wav as your audio source.

or you could just install ffdshow, have it decode all media file types and just load your vob's directly into tmpgenc.

or use avisynth and frameserve your source to tmpg.

btw, why convert to vcd? why not just keep the original dvd or transcode to h264?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You might want to download EazyVCD (free). It uses DVD2AVI, TMPGENC and other programs to convert from DVD into VCD with minimum fuss. It selects parameters intelligently (aspect ratio, bitrates, etc.). It also has a built-in ripping engine, so for many DVDs, it's close to a 1-click operation to do the conversion. For some discs (e.g., Disney), you may have to use a more powerful ripping tool, and then use EazyVCD on the result.

For conversion into (X)VCD, there's hardly a better tool around; the resulting quality is about as good as VCD can get. Maybe it'll do the job for you.
    Quote Quote