VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. XviD4PSP

https://www.videohelp.com/software/XviD4PSP

I saw it being advertised here, as a great tool to encode videos for iphones, ps3, psp, vita, wii, ipad, blackberry, other phones and etc etc.

All while hardcoding subtitles.

But it doesn't seem to do so?

Version 7 doesn't even have a clear option to add subtitles.

There is an 'add track' option on the file menu but it adds nothing.

You can't even click the .ASS area.

The result is a file that is not hard-subbed nor soft-subbed. It simply doesn't have subtitles.

I tried with version 5, greatly praised on videohelp comment section:

There is an option to add subtitles, unlike version 7, but encoding doesn't work and the error log gives nothing of importance. Just a generic "abnormal program termination" error.

Like the title says...

Can xvid4psp really hardcode subtitles while encoding like advertised on this site?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I have only used xvid4psp 5 with subtitles.

What version did you use? https://www.videohelp.com/download/XviD4PSP_5.10.346.0_(2015-04-07)_rc34.2.exe ?

Did you install avisynth(I think it's included in the installation)? You probably need some codecs also. ffmpeg is probably enough.

What does the test.mp4.error.log say?

Or try hardcode with xmedia recode (under subtitle). I haven't tried it with ass subs so I'm not sure if it will keep the styles correctly.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    I have only used xvid4psp 5 with subtitles.

What version did you use? https://www.videohelp.com/download/XviD4PSP_5.10.346.0_(2015-04-07)_rc34.2.exe ?
    Ahh...this works flawlessly!

I tested it and works great.

I tried 5.10.271.0 and it gave 'unexpected end' errors.

7.0.218 and 7.0.216 are no good, i spent literally hours looking on the UI where to add subtitles but couldn't find a way. And there is no way to contact the author, it seems.

It is a pity because the UI of version 7.0 looks pretty good.

I'll use 5.10.346.0 instead, thanks for the help.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Great!

And does it work with the ASS subitles styles also?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Could someone please help me out? I'm trying to figure how to use XviD4PSP to embed my .ass subtitles into a movie download. I've tried using the Mac version, but it doesn't work worth squat for me. Although, that's probably just because I don't really know how to use it, and I have tried googling for YouTube tutorials and what not, but they only explain how to use XviD with a Windows - Someone please help. I'd really appreciate the assistance - Thank you...
    Quote Quote