VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm doing a lot of music video editing (uncensoring, putting good audio behind videos, etc) and just recently started having problems. When transferring between hard drives (mainly from D: to C All of a sudden I'll get an error saying can't copy (filename) the path is too deep. I did some checking, and am told the total path can't be longer than 25 characters. Well that's not a problem, the path is for example =
    D:\MP3\MOB_Bounce.mp3 which is only 20 chars by my count. Also, I have about 6000 mp3s that I have swapped onto hardrives for my DJing computers and never had this problem, so why all of a sudden is it giving me grief? Is it possible that the hard drive is going down? This also may be the problem with my authoring programs having errors (mainly from the same drive?) Is there a way or patch to disable the 25 character limit if this is indeed the problem?

Thanks for the advice!
    Remember when the only way to see a movie uncut was to go to the theatre?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not a techie so this is not a definitive answer:

I think the limit is 256 chacators which includes the full path. There is also a limitation on the number of "nested" layers of folders/subfolders. This may only apply when doing a copy
    Quote Quote  
  3. i prefer to use software ( Long Path Tool )
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Markos illona View Post
    i prefer to use software ( Long Path Tool )
    You replied to a 12 year old thread...Are you just here to spam Long PATH Tool?
    Quote Quote