VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there a program to burn data to a BD-RE (or better yet a BD-RE DL) ? I am interested in both "Free" software and "Pay For" software.

Here are the programs I have that don't seem to do this - but maybe I am wrong.
    Nero 9
    SONY Movie Studio Platinum 13.0
    SONY Architect Studio 5.0
    DVDFab9 (for DVD and Blu-ray)
    ImgBurn

Thank you one and all.

Andy
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i would think imgburn would. it can on dvdr i don't see why blu-ray wouldn't work. put it in build mode and drag what you want to burn in the window.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    i would think imgburn would. it can on dvdr i don't see why blu-ray wouldn't work. put it in build mode and drag what you want to burn in the window.
    Apart from ImgBurn and possibly wretched Nero, all programs OP listed are exclusively for video. I often burn non-video files to BD with ImgBurn. Very simple: Ez-pik>write files/folders to disc>drag files/folders to window or manually select them>burn away. BD is UDF, so wherever the disc goes, just be sure the BD-ROM drive/OS/computer combination recognizes UDF.
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK. Yah. I'm trying it now.

I'll tell you'll how it goes.

Thanx.
    andy
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Question: Perhaps I am mistaken but it seems as if ImgBurn doesn't recognize the double layer Blu-Ray (BD-RE DL)

Please advise.

andy
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by andy jackson View Post
    Question: Perhaps I am mistaken but it seems as if ImgBurn doesn't recognize the double layer Blu-Ray (BD-RE DL)

Please advise.

andy
    Maybe your Blu-Ray drive doesn't support burning BD-RE DL discs or is incompatible with the brand that you bought.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by andy jackson View Post

Please advise.

andy
    I use both BD-RE and BD-RE DL with IMGBURN with no issues. It does take a long time to format them the 1st time you use them. The BD-RE DL I use are TDK 2x (Japan) 10 pack and the BD-RE are Memorex 2x 15 spindle. I just wanted cheap discs to test with and both work great with my LG burner and Imgburn. When you reuse them the second time it just rewrites over so no need for the long format. Just a thought but if you can't burn the DL discs it could be your burner that doesn't support them so check the specs.
    There's not much to do but then I can't do much anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK.
    I checked my new LG BD burner and it will burn single, double, and triple layer Blu-ray disks.

Regarding ImgBurn
    it says of the space on the disk 49,000,000
    Is this the space on a BD-RE DL?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    BD-RE Dual layer REwriteable 50GB (46.6GiB), the same as a BDR dual layer. (From 'WHAT IS' Blu-ray to the upper left on this page. BDR 25GB discs hold 23.3GB.

All the BDRs I burn are as data discs, both single layer and dual layer disc. I use Verbatim Discs and ImgBurn. I don't burn BDs for standalone BD players.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you

andy
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!