VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey! Was wondering if someone could give me some advice! I am trying to re-encode a .mpg file originally recorded a 50fps
    but when the file is finished it's sped up. I am using virtual dub, and tried to change the frame rate but i can't seem to duplicate the original speed. I have also tried to demux the file and same thing. Any advice anyone can give to help me fix the original video file so I can try again? Any and all advice is appreciated, perhaps the mpg files needs to be fixed? Where do I start, don't want to use the frame rate option in virtual dub. Kind of a novice at this so hopefully any answers are not going to be too complicated. Even the demuxed file has this problem. The original is fine, but I am trying to enhance it.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Brooke Holloway View Post
    I am using virtual dub, and tried to change the frame rate but i can't seem to duplicate the original speed.
    If it plays at the right speed to begin with, why change the framerate at all? Can you tell us what you did - what settings you used in VDub?
    Any advice anyone can give to help me fix the original video file so I can try again?
    Post a short sample and explain what you're trying to accomplish. Saying you're 'trying to enhance it' isn't enough. And what's your intended output format? VDub doesn't encode for MPG
    Quote Quote  
  3. @manono

It plays at the speed recorded to begin with you're right! But it has some enhancements I as a novice have tried to correct such as "deinterlacing", "cropping", "sharpening", and rbg level" issues.

The problem is whenever I try to re-encode it using virtual dub even without filters it's produces the same sped up output.
    Maybe, the problem is the video was recorded at 50fps.

I attempted to use MPEG-Corrector to fix that speed up error but still the same, also attempted to demux that same video, but same
    effect. I have no idea what to do, maybe I should use a different re-encoder? Maybe my virtual dub settings need to be reset, who knows.

Help.
    Quote Quote  
  4. The option highlighted below seems to have worked out what appears to be an audio and video desynchronization issue frame per frame without trying to guess the fps. Thanks..

Click image for larger version

Name:	12-31-2013 2-34-04 AM.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	22465
    Quote Quote