VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. im having problems finalising things im recording about half from 8 have worked is there a way to finalise from pc and why would only half finalise? one show i recoreded twice tried to finalise 3 times and split it in two and recorded 2 bits and it still wouldnt finalise. But it was on the dvd and could be watched on that.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I see from another thread that you have a Pioneer DVR-530H, a model which was released 2005. I will assume are discussing the same machine. I cannot say for certain what the problem is, but there are a number of reasons why it might not reliably finalize discs anymore. After 8 or 9 years of use it could be worn out. ...or it might need its lens and spindle cleaned to remove dust and residue accumulated over time. ...or the media you are using could be too different from what the machine was designed to use. Older machines often do better with 8X media from Verbatim or JVC/Taiyo Yuden.

There is no sure method for finalizing DVDs on a PC. It is more likely that all you can do is recover the data and author a new DVD from that. There is another discussion on this subject going on. You may find useful information there if you read it. https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/367912-Getting-files-off-of-a-open-non-finalized-DVD
    Quote Quote  
  3. i tried isobuster and dvd decrypter the disks just showed as blank i was hoping the pioneer model would have a site that would do it. I just bought it second hand as it was only $12 and the ones in the shop new were over $300 i guess thats why it was so cheap just worn out. I only wanted it to transfer stuff from my pay tv pvr to clear some space and its not worth getting a new dvd recorder for.

What would the cheapest/best way to do this be is there a way to record from pc from a pc tv card?
    Last edited by tox_von; 26th Oct 2014 at 06:04.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tox_von View Post
    i tried isobuster and dvd decrypter the disks just showed as blank i was hoping the pioneer model would have a site that would do it. I just bought it second hand as it was only $12 and the ones in the shop new were over $300 i guess thats why it was so cheap just worn out. I only wanted it to transfer stuff from my pay tv pvr to clear some space and its not worth getting a new dvd recorder for.

What would the cheapest/best way to do this be is there a way to record from pc from a pc tv card?
    You want to record from a DVR using a PC TV card? It might be possible, but you will only be able to record in standard definition. If you want to record in high definition, you will need an HD capture device. Those are not cheap.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!