VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are there any software conflicts having both of these burning softwares installed in the same computer? I have heard that it causes some problems, but was wondering if anyone in here has had both programs installed in the same computer without any problems.

Any help would be great, thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The only conflicts that I know of that can arise is the packet writing portions of the suites. Either have Nero's or Roxio's, but not both. You will have to do a custom install to achieve this.

Plz correct me if I am wrong.
    TANSTAAFL
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone have any good reviews on Roxio 7.5? Is it better than Nero? I have Roxio 7 and I like it for the music recording part. Is this upgrade better? Thanks anyone.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Prot
    The only conflicts that I know of that can arise is the packet writing portions of the suites. Either have Nero's or Roxio's, but not both. You will have to do a custom install to achieve this.

Plz correct me if I am wrong.
    What do you mean by "custom install"? I like Nero for the burning capabilities, but I am curious about Roxio's DVD9 to DVD5 software bundled with the Media Creator 7.5

I'm not too fond of DVD Shrink or Nero Recode so I kinda wanted to try out Roxio's. What exactly are the "packet writing portions"? Thanks for any info on this stuff guys!!!
    Quote Quote  
  5. What do you mean by "custom install"? I like Nero for the burning capabilities, but I am curious about Roxio's DVD9 to DVD5 software bundled with the Media Creator 7.5

I'm not too fond of DVD Shrink or Nero Recode so I kinda wanted to try out Roxio's. What exactly are the "packet writing portions"? Thanks for any info on this stuff guys!!!
    Packet writing is the facility for treating a CD/DVD as if it were a read/write drive, so you can save and delete individual files. In my experience, packet writing is unreliable and not very useful, and I would not install it, whatever other burning software you use.

Nero's packet writing module is InCD. It comes in a separate installation file, so it's easy not to install it -- just skip that file.

I don't know what Roxio is calling it these days.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When I had an earlier version of Nero and Roxio (7.0 I think) I had major conflicts..It would crash my computer on boot up, so I had to remove Roxio and everything went back to A-OK..Earlier versions of Roxio did't cause me any problems..Kinda sucks too, casue I really liked the labeling program that roxio had in versions prior to 7.0..
    Quote Quote  
  7. Here's how I deal with Roxio and Nero on the same computer:

go to Start, Settings, Control panel, add/remove programs, Roxio, UNINSTALL.
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What I meant by "custom install" was so you could opt NOT to install packet writing on one of the suites. With Nero you can accomplish this just by not instaling it. Don't know about Roxio.
    TANSTAAFL
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I didn't install packet writing and I made sure neither app attempts to load at startup and I have not had any problems. I also have Alcohol installed.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote