VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, now I have an MK3D file (thank you to all who helped), and no player on my PC (which has 3D capabilities) for it. Any good players that support MK3D? Do I have to change the filename?

Also, is it possible yet to create a 3DBD?
    MKV: Merely Krappy Video.

Subbers, a request from an avid viewer: Either don't use mkv, or supply avi or mp4 as an alternative.

For those frustrated with converting MKV: http://www.immortalmusic.net/mkv/
    Quote Quote  
  2. That's an MKV file.

http://3dvision-blog.com/tag/mk3d/

Any player that plays MKV should be able to play the file. You may have to associate the player with the extension. Or just manually use File -> Open to play the file. Or drag-and-drop the file onto the player. I don't know which players support stereoscopic playback though.

I've read that Power DVD, VLC, and Arcsoft Total Media Theater support it. I played a sample with 3840x1080 side-by-side 3d with VLC and MPCHC. But having no 3d hardware it just shows up as one big picture.

The Popcorn Hour appears to support MK3D.
    Last edited by jagabo; 18th Jul 2012 at 20:00.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    1. The "3d" bluray described in the previous post is NOT a true, BD3D spec disc. It's just a standard bluray disc with a 2d video encoded on it that happens to be in Side-by-side arrangement format.
    This will work in 3d as long as you MANUALLY set your 3dtv into 3d mode. Just know that you're getting slightly less than HALF the quality of a FullHD BD3D format.

2. Yes, (NOT counting Anaglyph, or Crosseyed/parallel freeview) you must have a real, true 3d display (and glasses) to see 'em in 3d.

3. Assuming they're standard layout format (sbs, t/b), mk3d can be output by any regular media player. Stereoscopic player may be able to assist with 3d IO options, though.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I knew it was as 3d MKV file, but I tried the Tridef player, and Stereoscopic, and they don't support the 3D flag set.

Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    That's an MKV file.

http://3dvision-blog.com/tag/mk3d/

Any player that plays MKV should be able to play the file. You may have to associate the player with the extension. Or just manually use File -> Open to play the file. Or drag-and-drop the file onto the player. I don't know which players support stereoscopic playback though.

I've read that Power DVD, VLC, and Arcsoft Total Media Theater support it. I played a sample with 3840x1080 side-by-side 3d with VLC and MPCHC. But having no 3d hardware it just shows up as one big picture.

The Popcorn Hour appears to support MK3D.
    MKV: Merely Krappy Video.

Subbers, a request from an avid viewer: Either don't use mkv, or supply avi or mp4 as an alternative.

For those frustrated with converting MKV: http://www.immortalmusic.net/mkv/
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    No, they don't support automatically adjusting their interpretation of the stereo layout BASED ON the mk3d flags, but it's easy in either player to manually set that, so they CAN be used to play 3D!

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 3rd Aug 2012 at 11:24.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi to all.

I have an .mk3D file that my TV doesn't support it.

How can I change it's format from .mk3D to .mkv?
    Should I use any converters or mkvmerge GUI is sufficient for?

any helps would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Zia; 29th Jul 2014 at 14:06.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    An mk3d is just an mkv with the extension changed to make it easier for 3d-capable devices to recognize the content as 3D. If you want a player which has support for "mkv", but not "mk3d", to be able to see it, just rename the extension. No conversion necessary.

However, that doesn't say anything about whether or not your player(s) can support the material that is encoded on that mk3d file. Could be layed out in a number of ways: dual-stream, Side-by-Side (sbs), Top-and-Bottom (tab), etc. Some are naturally 2D-compatible, some (most) are not.
    If they aren't, then what you do next depends on how it IS layed out and how you want to view it (in 2D? or in 3D?)...

Use a detailed MediaInfo text readout to show how the file is layed out (it will say MultiView_Count:2, MultiView_Layout:...)

Scott
    Quote Quote