VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi

So I've googled a bit and haven't had any luck finding a region free tutorial etc for Samsung BD-D6900-ZF Blu-ray player. Maybe somebody here has had some experience with this or even has succeeded in making the player region code free.

Specs:

Samsung
    Model Code: BD-D6900-ZF
    Software Version: BPH-D6900EUB-1002.0

I'm quite new to this so if I missed something then let me know .

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You haven't found a code because one almost certainly does not exist. Sony and Samsung players of all types are the most difficult in the world to unlock. Most CANNOT be unlocked. If you bought this in the USA and Canada, your choice of unlocking it is just about zero. We've had ONE unconfirmed report of someone supposedly unlocking a Samsung BD player bought in North America.

If you live in Australia and bought this player there, contact Samsung in Australia and ask for help. We've had reports that some Australian models may be able to be unlocked and Australian law requires the manufacturer to assist you with this. Do note that if by some miracle you succeed in unlocking it, it will only be region free for DVD playback. Few of us here live in Australia so the law thing is just a rumor we've heard and we don't know what the law is there. But based on other posts I've seen here, I would not go so far as to say that 100% of Australian players can be unlocked, at least it seems not 100% of BD players.

Based on a web search I have found out that this is a 3D player and probably you bought it in the UK. We've NEVER had even one report of anyone successfully unlocking any BD 3D player, not even in Australia. If you want region free in the future, don't buy Sony or Samsung.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I should add that requests like your sometimes, and it may be months later, get responses from people who join our forums only to post some miraculous unlock code for a player that's considered impossible to unlock and they never come back. You're on your own as to whether or not you should trust such posts and you follow the instructions with the understanding that the codes may not work at all. In a worst case scenario, they might even possibly damage your player.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thank you for your reply . Actually I live in Estonia, it's a small country in Europe. The player was also bought from Estonia. Do you have any more suggestions or ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Read my 3rd paragraph again. You bought a 3D player. You're NOT going to be able to unlock it.
    Quote Quote